Author Topic: How add/remove windows shares  (Read 2614 times)

jgaffney

• Douchebag
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
How add/remove windows shares
« on: January 20, 2008, 03:58:27 am »
Can't seem to find anywhere in the webadmin to add/remove windows shares?

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
Re: How add/remove windows shares
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 04:14:53 am »
Just boot your windows box on the internal net and wait a little while and a message should pop up that it found a file server then follow the prompts .

There are other ways but that is the easiest.

I will try to find my post where I show how to manually add them
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

Thingie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 11:55:22 am »
Just boot your windows box on the internal net and wait a little while and a message should pop up that it found a file server then follow the prompts .

There are other ways but that is the easiest.

I will try to find my post where I show how to manually add them

The Windows share PC or NAS should be connected to the internal network (192.168.80.*). It works best if you use dhcp on the Windows share/NAS. Don't use a static IP. Even if it's in the correct range it's very good possible it won't be detected. I've had that problem here at home. If the Windows PC or NAS is allready configured in Pluto and you add a new shared disk or folder it's most likely it won't be detected automaticly.
The best way to add the new disk/folder is to go to the Admin website and go to the devices tree. In the tree you select your Windows share PC/NAS and click quick jump. Ont the right part of the screen you'll see the config for this device. On the top click 'Create child device'. (see pict1) In the new window give it a name and click 'Pick device template'. It the pop-up window pick the Windows Share template and click 'Pick Device Template' (see pict2). The windows close and you'll go automaticly to the new device you created. Here you have to enter a few more data. First you have to enter the IP of the Windows PC/NAS. (see pict3) Don't worry if it's on DHCP cause pluto will remember it and give it the same IP each time it starts up. At the 'Device Data' part you have to enter the correct share name, username, password and filesystem. Select 'Use Automatically' and 'Password Required' and click 'Save' at the bottom. (See pict4) Now reload the router and the share should be available.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 03:27:58 pm »
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous