Author Topic: mceusb2 ready to go for ir transmitter?????? in 0710 Beta 3  (Read 4108 times)

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
mceusb2 ready to go for ir transmitter?????? in 0710 Beta 3
« on: February 11, 2008, 06:36:38 pm »
Hello,

Is the mceusb2 compatible now use it as ir transmitter in 07010 beta3.
Because i have to off those and i really like to use them.
thnx in advance

Venom986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: mceusb2 ready to go for ir transmitter?????? in 0710 Beta 3
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 01:07:38 pm »
I've just started looking into getting my MCE transmitter working under 0710b3.  I'd appreciate any starting information anyone has as well, and will post the results of my attempts as I go (I'm sure if you've read my posts you've noticed i get to talking to myself ;))

PKWilson

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 03:30:29 am »
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has got this working. I have got my MCE remote (V2) working using irsend from the command to control a portable A/C unit, I just can't see any way of telling LMCE to do it.

I just used irrecord to create an lircd.conf from my A/C's remote, then inserted a new remote device into LMCE and reloaded. The I was able to use irsend using the remote and commands from the new device. But that's as far as I have been able to get and have no idea where to go from here.

Has anyone got mceusb2 transmitting from within LMCE? I'd love to hear how you did it.

Cheers

Venom986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 03:34:28 am »
Yes, I've written a few posts and updated the MCE Receiver wiki page with instructions on how to get this working.

PKWilson

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 04:09:57 am »
Thanks for that. I had looked at that page and I have done everything up to the MythTV part. Controlling an A/C (as in Air-conditioning, not a typo of A/V) through MythTV wasn't that useful for me.  ;)

I'm actually wanting to create an IR Climate device and that's where I run into difficulties. From my understanding (which is a bit vague at the moment, I'm new to this) I need an interface device (the IR transmitter) to control IR equipment, but I can't set the mceusb2 device up as an interface yet.

So I'm wondering if there was a way of setting up a generic interface that runs scripts for the commands (like you've done in MythTV for the channel changing), but so that it will work in LMCE for general control and responding to events.

Cheers

Venom986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 04:20:05 am »
Go to the web admin, go to Interfaces, click Add Device.  Select IrTrans Embedded Transmitter.  Any devices you want to control with it should have that newly created device as their Controlled By device.