Author Topic: 32 bit MD  (Read 4061 times)

mickg

• View Profile
32 bit MD
« on: January 19, 2008, 12:42:13 pm »
I have install 710b3 64bit without any problem on core AMD Athlon x2, but i can't install MD 32 bit, the architecture is in 64 bit.

Do you have a solution for me.

Tks in advance

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
Re: 32 bit MD
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 02:53:32 pm »
I have install 710b3 64bit without any problem on core AMD Athlon x2, but i can't install MD 32 bit, the architecture is in 64 bit.

Do you have a solution for me.

Tks in advance

If the MD hardware your using is detected as supporting 64bit Kernels then by default the MD will be created with a 64bit boot image. You can force it to 32bit afterwards though. Go to Web Admin -> Wizard -> Devices -> Media Directors and scroll to the MD you want to switch to 32bit and change the field called 'Architecture' to 'i386' and then use the 'Rebuild Image' button to recreate the boot image for this MD as 32bit. Do this with the MD powered off... then boot it after the 'Rebuild Image' process has completed... the first boot after switching to 32bit will take a little longer than normal.

Hope this helps.

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

mickg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 03:00:26 pm »
I have resolved my issues...
I go in advanced setting of media director, click on "view" for device template "Generic PC as MD", and valid "Allowed to modify" in Current Data #233 (+ save page).
In advanded setting i set "LMCE_MD_u0710_i386" in "Model" parameter.
I make a "Rebuilt Image" (maybe it's not necessary), Quick reload and my MD (Fiire Station) start.

But i have another problem. Fiire Station have a Via Unichrome Pro graphic chipset.
I can't start Xserver when "via" is setting in Xorg.conf.
I must set "vesa" to start.
I can't resolved this problem since i use LMCE. I have seen in mantis the same problem and i think that is resolved with 7.10 release.

Last question : When i add a media director, i can choose Fiire Station, but i never can boot with this config. When i boot with Fiire MD, I have red message "Failed Setup_config.sh". Do you have any explain?

Tks

Cj_MaN

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 06:24:52 am »
You can use your MD as a Fiire Station only if you bought it from www.fiire.com , because it uses licensed video/audio drivers.
Also you'll need to copy your Fiire Images from the DVD provided by Fiire, if you have your own Core.

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 07:48:19 pm »
I have resolved my issues...
I go in advanced setting of media director, click on "view" for device template "Generic PC as MD", and valid "Allowed to modify" in Current Data #233 (+ save page).
In advanded setting i set "LMCE_MD_u0710_i386" in "Model" parameter.
I make a "Rebuilt Image" (maybe it's not necessary), Quick reload and my MD (Fiire Station) start.

But i have another problem. Fiire Station have a Via Unichrome Pro graphic chipset.
I can't start Xserver when "via" is setting in Xorg.conf.
I must set "vesa" to start.
I can't resolved this problem since i use LMCE. I have seen in mantis the same problem and i think that is resolved with 7.10 release.

Last question : When i add a media director, i can choose Fiire Station, but i never can boot with this config. When i boot with Fiire MD, I have red message "Failed Setup_config.sh". Do you have any explain?

Tks

can you please run bash -x Setup_config.sh in a terminal and paste the output? it should show you when the it stops, and what error is there.
Read the F****** Logs!!!