Author Topic: Fiire  (Read 5399 times)

posterberg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Fiire
« on: January 15, 2008, 10:04:46 pm »
I am sorry if this is out of the scope of this forum, it is not intended to be neither a flame nor an advertisement. Merely a question since I don't get an answer through the proper channel...

I know that there are people in here that have bought things from Fiire and I would like to know if they normally are really slow both with sending things and answering mails.

I ordered a few remotes last week, in the beginning of that week. The tracking page at Google still says, "Not shipped". I've sent Fiire a mail asking about this, no response...

The money has been transferred and are no more on my bank account...

So... Do any of you know if this is normal? Can I stop worrying? Will I get any remotes before Christmas 2008? Could it be that the Google tracking page just is bad at keeping track of things?

Any input would be much appreciated!

usaf-lt-g

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Fiire
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 10:53:17 pm »
Well....

I can tell you this much... I "almost" jumped on the FIIRE bandwagon early on. I tried contacting them, and even went through their "FIIRE STORE" and got the contact information for their rep. FIIRE sells their products through another company. Took em 7 days to answer my e-mail and return my phone call...

Just my short experience... but thought you might like to know.

danielk

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 11:58:20 pm »
I can only tell you my own timeline:
  Jan 6th -- ordered remote + extra dongle
  Jan 9th -- received FedEx Ground tracking number
  Jan 16th -- estimated delivery date

I haven't e-mailed or called them so I don't know how responsive they are. But I think they are based in Europe and their fulfillment company is based in California, so the time difference may add some delay if they need to contact the fulfillment company to answer your questions.

ddamron

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • My LinuxMCE User Page
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 05:02:54 am »
They estimated 7-10 Business days to prepare my order...
it took 6 weeks..
The only intuitive interface is the nipple.  After that it's all learned.
My other computer is your windows box.
I'm out of my mind.  Back in 5 minutes.
Q:  What's Red and smells like blue paint?

A:  Red Paint.

posterberg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 08:44:59 am »
Thank you guys!

I am based in Sweden so I hope that helps if they ship from Europe, I don't think they do though based on the shipping cost...

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 08:50:16 am »
They estimated 7-10 Business days to prepare my order...
it took 6 weeks..

Crap! It would have been faster for you to drive to San Fran and pick it up yourself! And if they were charging similar to us for carriage, probably cheaper too! Ironically, I'll probably be there in a few weeks on route to Chicago - hmm ... nope, too hard :)

posterberg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 04:46:11 pm »
I just got a mail today from FedEx, saying that my remotes are at the Swedish Customs and must be payed V.A.T. for.

So... The Google tracking page has been incorrect the whole time. Fiire did send the remotes pretty fast even though they didn't answer my last e-mail.

Just felt that I should give this feedback so ppl don't worry about making business with Fiire...

So time to pay the tax and make sure that the remotes make the last trip over to my house =)

grepico

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 09:44:23 pm »
I ordered about $2700 worth of stuff from them on 12/26/07, the money came off my card on 12/27/07.  As of right now, I have no product, my order says "Processing" on their site and I've made many calls and emails over the last week with no response to either.

Needless to say, I'm not happy and do not intend to do business with them again.

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 11:55:14 pm »
I ordered a firechief remote on 1/15.  It shipped on 1/17

mortar

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 08:32:14 am »
We ordered 5 fire chief remotes on the 16th, and they shipped on the 16th.