Author Topic: Italian translation  (Read 3165 times)

grechk

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Italian translation
« on: January 15, 2008, 07:54:27 am »
I wanted to know if there are forecasts for the translation into Italian.

Thanks

MarcoZan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Italian translation
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 02:20:10 pm »
Hi grechk

I'm working on it, even if I've no time frame for release (working  in spare time, basically).

As soon as I finish I will post it here.

Regards
Marco

chriss

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 04:19:41 pm »
It's a lengthy task, I've done it for the German translation. Why don't you split the work up ;)

MarcoZan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 02:40:33 am »
Hi criss

basically I've already finished a "first round" of translations, but the majority of strings still appears in english on my orbiters.

Maybe I missed to translate a few, but there are strings that I'm 100% sure that I've translated and still are displayed in english.

Most probably I've made something wrong when importing back to mysql the csv file with italian text, and my next step is to figure out what is wrong.

I'm learning how to manage mysql tables as I go, and as there were not request for italian translation I was taking it easy.

This weekend I will give a final go, and will post here my result (good or bad).

Regards
Marco

chriss

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 09:05:23 am »
basically I've already finished a "first round" of translations, but the majority of strings still appears in english on my orbiters.
Maybe I missed to translate a few, but there are strings that I'm 100% sure that I've translated and still are displayed in english.

Well, there's a couple of strings beeing hard coded somewhere which you can't translate right now without removing the english strings. See the thread about French translation on the dev forum and about German/Czech/Russian translation on the mailing list.

grechk

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 08:25:24 pm »
@MarcoZan

Thanks for you reply, if you want aid for the italian translation I'm available.
I have very little time but I think it is better than nothing.

I await your response and possibly a bit of work ... :)

Hello
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 09:27:25 pm by grechk »