Author Topic: multiple webcams?  (Read 2647 times)

Thingie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
multiple webcams?
« on: January 14, 2008, 06:29:06 pm »
Is it possible to ad more then one webcam to the core and have it work? I allready have one webcam working just fine but now I'm trying to add a second one but I can't get it to work. Do I have to add an other Motion wrapper or do I create the new camera as a child device under the existing motion wrapper? I've been trying both these options but it won't work. Is there anybody who has multiple webcams on one core or MD? Let me know plz.

Thx

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Re: multiple webcams?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 06:55:18 pm »
Is it possible to ad more then one webcam to the core and have it work? I allready have one webcam working just fine but now I'm trying to add a second one but I can't get it to work. Do I have to add an other Motion wrapper or do I create the new camera as a child device under the existing motion wrapper? I've been trying both these options but it won't work. Is there anybody who has multiple webcams on one core or MD? Let me know plz.

Thx
add another camera as new child of motion. LMCE's motion is pretty basic motion installation, so you can use a lot of docs resources from motion site and also LMCE wiki has quite few entries....

You can then check /etc/motion , there you should get threadX.conf file for each camera...

Please take some time and study existing docs... :-) ...

HTH,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Thingie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: multiple webcams?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 07:17:48 pm »
Thx,