Author Topic: Pluto and D-Link DCS 5300W  (Read 3064 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Pluto and D-Link DCS 5300W
« on: November 22, 2005, 07:32:41 pm »
Has anyone successfully configured pluto with the ip cam DCS-5300W. If so could you pleaase share your settings on how to get it done.
I am having difficulty in getting it to work.
Thanks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 11:00:22 am »
Try to add it as "Panasonic IP Camera" (there is also "Generic IP Camera", but it was modified lately and i'm not sure if your instalation has latest version)

Then in DeviceData section change Path atribute to something like "/IMAGE.JPG" (I'm not very sure about the path, because this can change across models and firmware versions).

Anyway you should be able to go with a browser to 192.168.80.XXX/IMAGE.JPG (or some other file/path) and see the snapshot from the camera, if this works, put the path that works into "Path" attribute in DeviceData.

Then quickreload the router.

As far as I know Dlink cameras are pretty linux friendly so there should be a path to access snapshots from a standard URL.
For example Veo only works with IE+ActiveX (there is some hacking perl scripts but I couldn't make them work)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 04:11:37 am »
Thanks, it was helpful but couldnt solve it completely.

Here is the situation:
From Dlink website, this is a java script which streams the video to a normal browser. (HTTP).. I tried opening all combinations of these urls in the browser. It doesnt work.
Cam's http port is 80.
5003 is video stream and 5002 is audio stream and 5000 is supposedly for control (pan / tilt)
How should i enter the path.
:
java script
<script language="JavaScript"> <!-- if ((navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer")&&(navigator.platform != "MacPPC")) { document.write("<OBJECT ID=\"VaCtrl\" WIDTH=362 HEIGHT=306"); document.write(" CLASSID=CLSID:A93B47FD-9BF6-4DA8-97FC-9270B9D64A6C"); document.write(" CODEBASE=\"http://24.45.76.223:5004/plugin/h263ctrl.cab#version=1,7,0,5\">"); document.write("<PARAM NAME=\"Url\" VALUE=\"http://24.45.76.223:5004/cgi-bin/video.vam\">"); document.write("<PARAM NAME=\"VSize\" VALUE=\"SIF\">"); document.write("<PARAM NAME=\"RemoteIP\" VALUE=\"24.45.76.223:5004\">"); document.write("<PARAM NAME=\"RemotePort\" VALUE=\"5001\">"); document.write("</OBJECT>"); } //--> </script>
:
"
thanks.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 11:04:26 am »
Streaming is not yet supported by pluto. We only take snapshots (at very short time).

Tilt/Pan is supported only for Panasonic cameras, however this can be added for DLink too, because it's a Generic_Serial_Device and can be programmed by user.

So can see anything when watching the camera from orbiter? If not, please enable remote access and give me your instalation number and password for access.