I did figure out that it is resolv with out a e for the proper way the file is to be named. This is not the issue that I'm trying to address.
I'm trying to be clear, but for what ever reason something is being lost in the message.
The Wiki has "resolve.conf" that's resolv with the e, not with out the e as it needs to be. I have tried to edit the wiki as suggested.
Posted by: posde
Quote from: tux-box1 on 11 August 2012, 13:21:10
First I would like to make mention that their are some typing errors in the wiki.
So? FIX THEM!
but have received the following error.
This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your edit was constructive, please contact an administrator, and inform them of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Link spamming 2
Would some one who has higher editing permissions please edit the following places in the wiki.
Also create a new resolve.conf file:
Needs to read
Also create a new resolv.conf file:
Under wrapping up
sudo mv /etc/resolve.conf /etc/resolve.conf.original
sudo mv /etc/resolve.conf.new /etc/resolve.conf
sudo mv /etc/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf.original
sudo mv /etc/resolv.conf.new /etc/resolv.conf
The only thing that has changed is the removing of the e in resolve.conf to make it resolv.conf
Every thing else is fine.
Edit: I was able to make the edits to the wiki needed. It all reads the same with "resolv.conf"
thank you for your patience.