Author Topic: A Simple question. New system..  (Read 1881 times)

frodmda

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
A Simple question. New system..
« on: January 11, 2008, 02:15:46 pm »
Hello,

I am planing on building a linuxMCE system, the core will be standalone and i will have 5 MD, the issue is that after doing a lot of reading and the formus and wiki y havent got a clue on what equipment to use as Core or MD.

All the MD will be connected to a 1080p Capable TV, The core will be on a room alone with other networking stuff (switches etc..)

So the question is this:

What equipment will be recomended for the core MB, Video, RAM AUDIO PROC.??

What equipment will you recomend for the MD, MB, Video, RAM AUDIO PROC, i want the MD capable of HD.?? is there a all in one solution like M2NPV-VM will that be the correct one?
All the MD will have a small amp with speakers and a sub.

Allready got the fiire chiefs as remotes with some extra dongles, also some usb-uirt some Home Automation Stuff and Aastra IP Phones.

Some of the MD will have either a capture card or a satellite card, will it be good to have a satellite or capture card on the Core??

Thanks for your Help

frodmda

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: A Simple question. New system..
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 06:32:53 pm »
Any one has any recomendations ..

Like a Mobo and a Video Card , AMD or Intel

Thanks

posde

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 06:34:10 pm »
Not that I can answer all your questions (most of them you can find answered on the forum), but this is one, I can answer
Some of the MD will have either a capture card or a satellite card, will it be good to have a satellite or capture card on the Core??

I would put all the capture and/or TV cards into the core. That is where they are suppose to life, and be utilized by whomever on the network want to use them.

rgds
Oliver
Currently on my way in the North Eastern United States - If I helped you, feel free to buy me a coffee: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2VKASZLTJH7ES

frodmda

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 06:46:44 pm »

Since the core is going to be stand alone system can it be a normal powerfull computer without any special video card ??

is the Asus M2NPV-VM  recomemded for the MD or is it better to buy a no video MB and put a Video Card ??

frodmda

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 06:56:13 pm »

I have read that Nvidia is the way to go.

What card will be the best fited 6200 or higher ??

Thanks

frodmda

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 07:47:09 pm »

Where is the processing being done on the core or on the MD wich machine should have more power frod procesing ??

frodmda

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 08:37:15 pm »

Maybe my question is not the right one, all i need is hardware recommendations, i know this is a site where is really hard to ask this kind of questions, I am the only one responsible for what i buy, i am only asking for a headstart on a working configuration.

Thanks

posde

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 09:29:41 pm »
Maybe nobody can really answer your questions. Especially with regards to HD content, I am not sure too many people have experience with this.

Apart from that, browse the Wiki. It will cost you about 2-3 days, after that you will be in a much better position to ask questions.

Start with http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Hardware, if you want to dive into the hardware side of things. However, it might make more sense to start at the beginning and really invest some time reading.

rgds
Oliver
Currently on my way in the North Eastern United States - If I helped you, feel free to buy me a coffee: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2VKASZLTJH7ES