Author Topic: eData DEC 200b  (Read 4339 times)

MrJohnBravo

• View Profile
eData DEC 200b
« on: January 05, 2008, 02:55:52 pm »
Has anyone tried this remote with LMCE?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880125001

It looks decent and cheap

MrJohnBravo

--Ohhh MAMA!!!!--

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: eData DEC 200b
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 07:54:42 am »
It will probably need some work. Vista uses different codes from XP Media Center (Microsoft's guaranteed obsolescence program) and I don't think the Vista IR codes are in LMCE yet. Not to mention the IR receivers compatibility. But its an important to-do item.

MrJohnBravo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 09:29:38 pm »
1audio
     Thanks for the reply post. If you could point me in the direction of how to get started on doing "the work". I might take some time and get after it. I have been wanting to figure out a good way to contribute. I assume maybe I would start with lirc and go from there but I am not sure where to start with the ir repeater(blaster..whatever its called).

THanks in advance.

Mr John Bravo

--Ohh MAMA!!!--

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 09:40:52 pm »
For the codes you can look on Remote Central or possibly capture them with a USBUIRT. Then you will need to figure out where in the system those files are managed. Receive IR is managed differently from sending IR from the system. I know it identifies the remote used for control in the Web admin panel for the MD. But I have not followed the trail past that. Part of working woth LMCE is finding your way through the maze. It has a little of the qualities of a dungeons and dragons game looking for the hidden clue that unlocks the new features utility.

Hopefully someone has been down that road and can offer some pointers or road signs.

MrJohnBravo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 03:41:35 pm »
Haha....
        I loved D&D...back when it was a game that people played in the same room with each other....(dating myself I know). I will prolly order this thing later this week and then embark on my quest !!!

Mr John Bravo

--Ohh Mama!!!--