Author Topic: Alarm Panel?  (Read 12824 times)

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Alarm Panel?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 04:41:56 pm »
First there are liability issues using LMCE as a primary security system, and it would be relatively easy to circumvent LMCE if it were your only security system. However interfacing it with a proper security system adds a lot to the value and capability of the system.
I was told back in the Pluto days that there were several panels that Pluto supported Plug and Play. The goal them was to connect the panel and LMCE would be able to read back from the panel the list of connected sensors. And talk to the keypads.  With the sensors added to LMCE the lights and security cameras can then interact and the phone alerts on security breech would send details.
its possible that in the RS232 PNP scripts there are some clues to what panels are fully supported. And adding support should be pretty easy. I was also told that the security guys did not want to share the details of their RS232 protocols so it would not be that easy.

jyoung58

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 05:27:57 pm »
I am going to be getting a Ademco 4100sn next week. I will try to get the Ademco vista 128bp online with Lmce. I have all the equipment i need to build Lmce, Which version of lmce should i try it on 0704 or 0710 beta 2?

Matthew

• Douchebag
  • Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 12:49:16 am »
I am going to be getting a Ademco 4100sn next week. I will try to get the Ademco vista 128bp online with Lmce. I have all the equipment i need to build Lmce, Which version of lmce should i try it on 0704 or 0710 beta 2?

I would like you to try 0710b2, and log bug reports. If you want a more stable, but still buggy (different bugs, but maybe fewer major ones, but fewer features...) 0704. However, any bug reports on that might not get the same attention as if you're reporting in 0710b2, because that's where developer attention is focused right now. Of course, you could try 0710b2 first, if it fails try 0704, if 0704 fails go back to 0710b2 after reporting the bugs in 0710b2.

jyoung58

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 12:56:18 am »
Sounds Good 0710b2 it is. I have been reading a few other forums and they have been saying they use the 4100sn to interface with the Ademco Panels so i think it will be good to go..Wish me luck. I will report back sometime next week when i have recieved the 4100. Thanks for everyones help.

highsecurity

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 04:21:35 pm »
hi  all

some time ago i put up a post telling you guys i have the full protocols for the paradox Digiplex and EVO panels but no one was interested

Matthew

• Douchebag
  • Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 05:52:49 pm »
some time ago i put up a post telling you guys i have the full protocols for the paradox Digiplex and EVO panels but no one was interested

There's been a lot of new activity (and people) in this project since August-October when you were last posting. I personally don't have a need for those protocols at the moment, but maybe someone else does. I think there are more physical security people around now, so reposting in this thread could help you find others with that mutual interest. I would like to see y'all get together to include it in LMCE according to professional sensibilities, so I can use it without having to be a pro in it myself.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 05:54:08 pm »
hi  all

can you provide me with the specs?

best regards,
Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

highsecurity

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2008, 11:49:34 am »
follow the link for the alarm system specs

http://www.paradox.com/Products/default.asp?PLID=6