Author Topic: What Version to install?  (Read 2293 times)

jyoung58

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
What Version to install?
« on: January 08, 2008, 04:34:10 am »
I am a noob! Just wondering which i should install? 0704? or 0710 beta 2? I am going to do a core and 2 md's with hdmi out wanting to run ui2 with alpha blend and trans , also some insteon lighting with a plm. should i just wait for the final release of 0710 or will that be awhile? Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

ddamron

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • My LinuxMCE User Page
Re: What Version to install?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 04:57:42 am »
You could start with 0704 now.  When 0710 is officially released, your system will automatically update itself.

Do you have an Insteon setup now?  if so, instructions for setting up the Insteon device(s) are in the wiki.
I'd be interested in your success with Insteon...  It's in beta form right now, and I'm waiting for people to try it out and report back the problems they have..

It would be interesting to get a noob's reaction.. (to help make it easier to install and setup)

Regards,

Dan
The only intuitive interface is the nipple.  After that it's all learned.
My other computer is your windows box.
I'm out of my mind.  Back in 5 minutes.
Q:  What's Red and smells like blue paint?

A:  Red Paint.

Matthew

• Douchebag
  • Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 05:42:57 am »
I am a noob! Just wondering which i should install? 0704? or 0710 beta 2? I am going to do a core and 2 md's with hdmi out wanting to run ui2 with alpha blend and trans , also some insteon lighting with a plm. should i just wait for the final release of 0710 or will that be awhile? Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

If you want it to be more stable (though with bugs, and fewer features), you should install 0704. But if you can help test, install 0710. Maybe install 0704 until you know your way around, then install 0710 and test. The rest of the community would benefit more from your testing 0710, but it will be more work for you. But the work will speed the final release of a stable 0710.

ddamron

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • My LinuxMCE User Page
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 05:47:09 am »
That is a Great point Matthew, Sorry I didn't see that..

As I'm doing Ruby development, I kinda want as stable platform as I can...
Otherwise, I'd be running 0710b2...

Dan
The only intuitive interface is the nipple.  After that it's all learned.
My other computer is your windows box.
I'm out of my mind.  Back in 5 minutes.
Q:  What's Red and smells like blue paint?

A:  Red Paint.