Author Topic: Hybrid Core/MD and some motherboard questions  (Read 3994 times)

Saegrov

• View Profile
Hybrid Core/MD and some motherboard questions
« on: January 03, 2008, 06:00:09 pm »
Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum even tho i've been hanging around here for half a year.
Just wanted to say i simply love LMCE, atleast the idea since i haven't successfully madea 100% working system yet, but i'm getting there ;)

I did my first try on a Dell lapptop (inspiron 9400) with little succsess, did my 2nd try on a old PC at my parents and i almost made it (only got it to work with DVI, not VGA). So i decided to  order a new PC for the 0710 version and this is what i came up with:

Asus M2N-VM HDMI
Antec Fusion Black 430
AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2300      
Intel Pro/1000PT PCIe Server Adapter      
OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 CL 3 FlexXLC Edition 2 GB (2 x 1 GB)      
Samsung SH-S203N/BEBN
Samsung SpinPoint T166 500 GB SATA
+ Watercooling for all parts but the hardrive

I've also ordered the fiire chief and som rs-232 cables and USB-UIRT which i'm gonna test with my Pioneer 428-xd and my norwegian cable/satelite box (RiksTv for you norwegians here).
As you might see, i haven't got a TV-tuner card because i'm using RiksTv (Norwegian DVB-T provider) which also uses MPEG-4 video codecs and it's poorly supported even in windows atm (can only get 3 free channels). If anyone knows if this for some reason works in LMCE, let me know :)

First off i'm interested in thoughts for the system (it's built for hybrid core/md).

Second i'm curious how the mobo (nForce 630a) works, or even if it works at all?

Third is the HDMI. I've been reading around and i haven't found a mobo with HDMI that works with LMCE (correct me if i'm wrong)?
Also there are som limitations on the HDMI output:

Quote from:  nVidia
Supports HDMI™ Technology with HDCP compliant with max. resolution 1920 x 1080p*
*Due to the chipset limitation, only MPEG 2 & WMV Offload can support HD format 1920 x 1080p.

To me this is like a big red warning light saying "return this mobo at once", but i'm not exactly sure what this means for 1080p movies.
Only supported 1080p files are MPEG2 encoded and WMV-files?

I'm picking up the parts tomorrow or saturday and i will let everyone know who it goes.
I'm grateful for any answers!