We are seeing this as well on two different installations. It appears to be a general problem at the moment and in our tests happens when the RIP operation is around 30% complete. It also happens on a range of MD's based on different hardware and with a very wide range of DVD's ie we have a library of 50+ titles we test against and they all fail to RIP so it is not a strange copy protection problem on a specific DVD.
All our test DVD's play perfectly when inserted into an MD's local drive.
I'm also seeing the issue where a DVD will begin to rip, but after some time it is aborted.
I'm not sure if it is at the 2gb mark, but this may be the case as the last time I checked it, about 1gb had been done and next time I looked the ripping process had been aborted.
This happened for a number of different DVDs, all of which seems to play fine on the MD when running from the disc.