Author Topic: Fiire Chief  (Read 42115 times)

mortar

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Fiire Chief
« on: December 29, 2007, 04:28:02 am »
Does anyone know of a way I can get a Fiire Chief shipped to Australia without the $106 fedex charge?
Is there a cheaper freight company to use?  Does anyone have any freight connections?

Cheers

RichardP

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Fiire Chief
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 12:05:50 pm »
Does anyone know of a way I can get a Fiire Chief shipped to Australia without the $106 fedex charge?
Is there a cheaper freight company to use?  Does anyone have any freight connections?

Cheers

I've been facing the same issue. If we both order together as a single order, will that reduce the freight charge?
I'm in Melbourne - where are you? I know someone that regularly flies between Melbourne and Sydney.
Best Regards,
Richard

kg6ejp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 05:26:11 pm »
DHL should be available too.
Work in progress

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 11:27:08 pm »
I'm in the same boat (Sydney) - can't even get Fiire to respond on the question of freight, but if that's going to be their response... :o

We could do a 3-way purchase, and ship the domestically with Auspost... cheaply?

EDIT: Does anybody know how big/heavy the boxes are? Might be able to ask my mate in San Francisco to re-ship more cheaply...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 11:28:46 pm by colinjones »

kg6ejp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 11:34:21 pm »
I'm in the same boat (Sydney) - can't even get Fiire to respond on the question of freight, but if that's going to be their response... :o

We could do a 3-way purchase, and ship the domestically with Auspost... cheaply?

EDIT: Does anybody know how big/heavy the boxes are? Might be able to ask my mate in San Francisco to re-ship more cheaply...

Contact the manufacturer and skip Fiire if that is the way they are going to do business.
Work in progress

mortar

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 02:19:00 am »
Please see attached PDFs.

To sum it up:
1xFiire Chief is 1 lbs, 12x4x2" @ $96.87 Fedex International Economy
3xFiire Chief is 3x 1lbs, 12x4x2" @ $119.96 Fedex International Economy

So if we got together a larger order, I supposed that would cut down cost a bit.

I'm in the Northern Territory, i'm happy to arrange the order and post them out, unless someone in a more centralised location wants to do it!

Any other interests for orders?

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 02:43:54 am »
Happy to transfer the money direct to your bank, are you OK to Auspost it to RichardP and me? Should be quite cheap given it is only light, and presumably small. More the merrier, of course!

EDIT: just re-read your message again. And yes, I am happy to do the re-posting from Sydney if you prefer - not bothered either way.

ddamron

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • My LinuxMCE User Page
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 03:02:57 am »
Guys,

I would HIGHLY recommend you also get a few extra DONGLES..  You may not need them now, but when you add another MD, it'll save you HUGE.

I bought 2 Fiire Chiefs (one for me, and one for my wife) that came with 1 dongle each, then I also bought 5 more.

Regards,

Dan
The only intuitive interface is the nipple.  After that it's all learned.
My other computer is your windows box.
I'm out of my mind.  Back in 5 minutes.
Q:  What's Red and smells like blue paint?

A:  Red Paint.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 03:11:07 am »
I intended just to get one extra for now... gonna be a while before I have 3 or more MDs..

mortar

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 03:11:57 am »
I may as well do it, i've set up an account with Fiire already anyway so it's just a matter of placing the order, and I can't imagine the freight prices interstate would be that much different.

I recommend the process we use is:
1) Work out how many Fiire Chiefs and Additional Dongles you're after and PM me your postal address and I can provide you with either bank account details or paypal details to send the money through.
2) We wait a few more days to see if there is anymore interest and anyone else in AUS would like to order one.
3) I'll lodge the order with Fiire, confirm freight pricing, and give everyone their purchase price in $AU + roughly $10 to factor in interstate freight. (if there's any difference i'll refund it to each person with a money order)
4) I'll wait to receive the money in from everyone so we should agree on a cut-off date for payment.
5) I'll Pay for the order and give everyone a copy of the purchase invoice and relevant freight invoices, and hopefully get a tracking number so we can track the movements of the packages.
6) Wait for Remote Control Goodness.

I would also like to strongly clarify that this would strictly be a non-profit exercise and is only to save myself and some fellow MCErs some cash towards their equipment.  Hence I can't be held responsible for any Freight Holdups, DOA or warranty issues.  Sorry for the spiel, I just know how these things sometimes go down.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 03:14:40 am »
Sounds good, caveat acknowledged, agreed with all - PM on its way!

ddamron

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • My LinuxMCE User Page
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 03:17:54 am »
Good to see guys!

As far as I'm concerned, the Fiire Chief is worth it's weight in gold.

I know you'll all love them!

Dan
The only intuitive interface is the nipple.  After that it's all learned.
My other computer is your windows box.
I'm out of my mind.  Back in 5 minutes.
Q:  What's Red and smells like blue paint?

A:  Red Paint.

RichardP

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 03:27:50 am »
Happy to transfer the money direct to your bank, are you OK to Auspost it to RichardP and me? Should be quite cheap given it is only light, and presumably small. More the merrier, of course!

EDIT: just re-read your message again. And yes, I am happy to do the re-posting from Sydney if you prefer - not bothered either way.

Same here - if you're OK doing the ordering.
Just so we're all on the same page - 3 units so far - RichardP, ColinJones, and Mortar,
or is that 4 units?

I'm in for a remote and 2 extra dongles. Can you PM me the payment details? I just need to delay until late next week before I make the payment. Is that OK?

Best Regards,
Richard
Best Regards,
Richard

mortar

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 03:31:10 am »
No problems Richard, depending on the interest, we'll see how long it takes until we proceed with the order and finalize the payment cut off date.  PM Coming through now

mortar

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 03:52:52 am »
I'm Inquiring about a Bulk purchase post request with whirlpool.net.au now (Bulk buy topics are banned without permission), to generate some more interest and hopefully reduce costs further.  Alternatively if you guys are happy to proceed with just the three of us, let me know.