Author Topic: Building from source  (Read 5571 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Building from source
« on: October 06, 2005, 10:27:28 am »
Hi everybody!

Plutohome sounds way cool.  I want to build from source for my x86.  My operating system is Gentoo linux and I have a 2.6.13 kernel.  Nearly every media library known has been installed on my system, and everything except my nvidia-glx binary has been compiled from source.

Firstly, where is the missing README and INSTALL that should be included with the sources from svn.plutohome.com?

Secondly, where can I easily find a list of reverse-dependencies such that I have my Gentoo preconfigured with the appropriate versions of each package needed during the build process?

I talked with Dan live on a support request, and he said, "dan: you're the 1st one by now to want to build Pluto from source entirely."

Who wants to help me package Plutohome up with a pretty bow on it for Gentoo by Christmas?

Yours Truly,

Camisa

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Building from source
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 03:36:57 pm »
Hi Camisa,

I've just been researching home automation and this project got my attention.

I'm also a gentoo user - any news on your progress with dependencies to create an ebuild for pluto?

Cheers,

Alan.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Building from source
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 08:01:59 pm »
Apologies - looks like I didn't check whether I was logged in when replying. Guest above = me.

If anyone is keen to help get the required information I'm happy to put together the ebuild.

Cheers,

Alan.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Building from source
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 11:10:22 pm »
Alan,

I lost interest in Pluto for a long time... but now I'm back on the bus.  Have you found any success on your Gentoo distribution?

I still would like to put this together.

--Camisa

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Building from source
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 11:58:34 am »
Hi Camisa,

I've been checking back occassionally - I'm waiting for the next release and hoping they'll put tarballs out with it this time. If I'm going to spend my time on the ebuild I'd like to do it properly, and pulling source from subversion is slower and add an unnecessary extra dependency.

The reaction from my questions about source last time was pretty much that they didn't care and instructed me to use svn. Which is fine for a once off, but not for distributing to end users. So I've spent my time on other GPL projects lately. Though if you do happen to notice tarballs before I do grab my on jabber/email at skyphyr gmail.

Cheers,

Alan.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Building from source
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 05:13:28 pm »
Pluto is becoming a distribution on it's own based on debian, i think is kind of hard to port the framework & all to another distribution now, but this doesn't mean that is imposible, it just takes a lot of work.

The sources are online as they ever where on this page http://plutohome.com/support/index.php?section=mainDownload&package=0 in zip,tar.gz format or in our public svn.

As compiling of most of the modules depend on one another we don't always have them separated in different tarball (would be confusing) instead we use the svn for bringing them to the users.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Building from source
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 05:41:19 pm »
I'm afraid you're incorrect. There are links there, as there have been with previous version, but there are not any source tarballs. They are all 404s.

You're entitled to assume I'm an idiot, but you could at least check first. These are the same dead links I reported here http://plutohome.com/support/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=763&highlight=

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Building from source
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 06:07:21 pm »
Yep, was a vhost problem in apache, check now. :)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Building from source
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 06:31:51 pm »
Great stuff :D running beautifully now.

Thanks very much.

Cheers,

Alan.