Author Topic: High Def Qam Tv Tuner Card  (Read 4834 times)

koch454

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
High Def Qam Tv Tuner Card
« on: December 27, 2007, 03:12:48 am »
I am trying to find a pci hd tv tuner card with a qam tuner. I have looked around and i know some people have been using pvr-150's and hauppuages hvr-1600 hardware wise is what i would need but i have heard about its problems with linux. I am trying to find out what it will cost me to build a htpc and this is one thing i cant find much info on.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: High Def Qam Tv Tuner Card
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 03:32:51 am »
I use a SiliconDust HDHomeRun... snaps into the network and works like a champ! In order for it to work properly though, your LMCE has to be the primary DHCP.

-Thom

koch454

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 08:24:12 am »
I use a SiliconDust HDHomeRun... snaps into the network and works like a champ! In order for it to work properly though, your LMCE has to be the primary DHCP.

-Thom

Thanks for the info. I looked at those but i have found that they wont pick up analog channels and i dont know how many pure digital channels are offered by my cable company.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 08:30:37 am »
trust me, get a pvr-150 or a 500 alongside it. This is the most reliable configuration.

-Thom

blackoper

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 02:41:26 pm »
the pvr's won't do qam tuning. Also the dual analog and hd card hauppauge 1600 doesn't have a driver in linux so stay away from it. I recommend the hdhomerun..