Author Topic: Contributing device templates and other changes into "710"  (Read 10033 times)

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
Re: Contributing device templates and other changes into "710"
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 11:21:33 pm »
If I'm not mistaken, the consensus of this thread is that adding GSD templates to LMCE v0710 should not require revising the LMCE installer, but rather will depend on installing 0710 with its default GSD templates and sqlCVS support, and then syncing one's complete base installation to the public sqlCVS. Correct?
yes. The installer does not have to be touched. But a default install uses dumps from the pluto rep at the moment. But that can be changed easily. For now there is a script to reinitialize the database (0704).
Will a public sqlCVS support that operation sometime soon, perhaps by the time v0710 is actually released (not just beta)? Will that sqlCVS allow naming groups of GSD devices, so a sync can grab just a subset (like "base 0710", or "Marantz stack#X" or "Matthew's House"), or a group of groups?
sqlCVS doesn't support that at the moment. Maybe we have to do some "batch merging" functionality for syncing with the pluto repo. That could be misused to only pull specific devices (but you would have to track batches, every commited change adds a new one).
Thanks for working on sqlCVS - it really does look like it could be the site of the most LMCE development of all, as people can contribute configs to it for their own gear with a minimum of overhead.
i totally agree. sqlCVS with GSD is such a powerful tool.

best regards,
Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

danielk

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 12:43:26 am »
Mathew, that sounds correct. But 0710 will probably not point to the public sqlCVS by default, but 0804 should (there are already directions in the wiki on how to point to the sqlCVS server.) My plan is to switch the public SVN repo over to Ubuntu's "Hardy Heron" (aka 8.04) as soon as 710 is released so that we'll be able to do make a 0804 release shortly after Ubuntu releases 8.04. I hope to make the delay between Ubuntu 7.10 and LMCE 0710 that we had this time a one time aberration...

ddamron

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • My LinuxMCE User Page
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 01:44:44 am »
That's great news Daniel,

Hari,

What you're doing will make all my work publicly accessible!!!  AWESOME!

Keep up the GREAT WORK guys!

This is truly starting to become a community supported project!  My hat's off to EVERYONE's efforts!

Dan
The only intuitive interface is the nipple.  After that it's all learned.
My other computer is your windows box.
I'm out of my mind.  Back in 5 minutes.
Q:  What's Red and smells like blue paint?

A:  Red Paint.