Author Topic: PVR-350  (Read 4209 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
PVR-350
« on: October 04, 2005, 05:27:29 pm »
I have just finished installing Pluto.  Before I started the install I added my Hauppage PVR350 card.  After the install I added the firmware for this capture card.  I followed the directions on the "Setting up MythTV" page in the user guide on the site. I then went into the "MythTV Setup" and went to the "Capture Cards" section.  I select  "MPEG-2 Encoder card (PVR-250/350)" however the video device field still remains blank.  I have tried restarting and it is still blank after selecting the card.  What should I do?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
PVR-350
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 10:40:24 am »
after upgrading kernel to 2.6.13 we got reports that ivtv and cx88 drivers may not work properly.
i don't know for sure if this is the reason why you can't setup mythtv, but since you added the firmaware and still don't work ...
we are trying to fix this issue with ivtv and hope that we'll have a release soon.

Dan

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
PVR-350
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 06:14:54 pm »
When do anticipate that release? Days? Weeks? Months?

Is there anyway I can check the status of the next release?

Also I did not find a bug in your bug database about the problem.  Is it still unconfirmed?

Lastly is it possible to download and install an earlier version to use in the meantime?  If so ... how?