Author Topic: 0710 beta 2 available  (Read 10461 times)

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
0710 beta 2 available
« on: December 22, 2007, 08:06:38 pm »
Hi all,

Daniel provided a beta2 image yesterday. Installation went fine for me.

http://vt100.at/kubuntu-linuxmce-0710-i386-beta-2.iso.torrent

Don't bother downloading older versions (beta1 or amd64), they have some issues and probably won't work for you.

best regards,
Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

niz23

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: 0710 beta 2 available
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 09:03:00 pm »
Great!

Downloading now.
My first reaction is, why is it so much bigger compared to beta 1? (3,8GB compared to more than 5GB).
This will require a dual-layer DVD?

Let´s hope it´ll work better than beta1 for amd64.
Had a lot of issues with it. Like below:

* Installation. Seem that many "fakeraid" card present attached sata drives incorrectly no matter what bios settings I use.
   Had a lot of trouble with this and finally solved it. Every time I tried to install on a driv that was connected to my jMicron controller
   on my ASUS M2NVM-DH the everyhing went smooth until the installer tried to mount the formatted partitionen. Got "mount: unknown
   filesysem, silicon_image_raid_member".
   After several hours of investigation I found out that the built in nvidia sata raid card behaved almost the same.
   The controller set ID_FS_TYPE=silicon_raid_raid_member and ID_TYPE=raid no matter what my configuration was in bios.
   It seem that the 0710 kernel detect this and then mount fail fatal during the installation.
   If you get this problem it can be checked with "udevinfo -q all -n /dev/<drive>". Search for ID_FS?
   If you have these your raid controller either behave incorrectly or you have set it to use raid-mode.

Perhaps there are some way to disable the kernel from detecting this and treat each drive as a single drive no matter what.
   I suspect dmraid?

* Windows MCE remote did not work because of a bad dependency what caused pluto-lirc to not be installed.

* Myth LiveTV freece every time I brought up UI2 menus.

Other than I want to try VDR and see if it work better than myth here in sweden.
I´ll wait for beta 2 to finish before I try vdr.

Anyone know if we still need to create channels.conf manually for vdr or is there any automatic channel scanning feature added
to lmce0710. Perhaps use mythbackend to scan and export a channels.conf automatically to vdr.

I´ll let you know tomorrow my first impression with beta 2.

/niz23

My hw:
ASUS M2NVM-DH (used a M2N4-SLI which does not work good at all with Linux. Broken APIC implementation).
2GB RAM.
Dual network.
Several hds with different installations for testing.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 09:08:57 pm »
yes.

niz23

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 09:57:23 pm »
What´s the difference between beta 1 and 2?
I mean, I don´t imagine that there is so much more stuff regarding to LMCE since beta 1 so that it need another GB or so to fit on a DVD.

What have been added?

My impression is that a lot of people don´t have a dvd burner capable burning dl dvd?
Wouldn´t it be better if everything fit within 4.7GB so we could reach a bigger group of people that can test these betas.

/niz23

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 10:27:09 pm »
yes.

Oh shit, I need a way to automatically inform me of such vital information. Where do i get a DVD-DL media now. It is 22:01 in Germany, all shops near by are closed :-( The whole day, I walked thru computer superstores, but did not think about getting such a DVD-DL. I need to be more connected and check the forum more often. (Hey, this is another reason for moving to a mailing list  ;) )

Have a good day everybody.

rgds
Oliver

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 10:30:02 pm »
(Hey, this is another reason for moving to a mailing list  ;) )
we have a list ;)

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 10:36:36 pm »
(Hey, this is another reason for moving to a mailing list  ;) )
we have a list ;)
I am on that list, but did not receive the information. The last message received is from Daniel, sent Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:23:11  :'(

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 10:46:18 pm »
Great!

Downloading now.
My first reaction is, why is it so much bigger compared to beta 1? (3,8GB compared to more than 5GB).

Let´s hope it´ll work better than beta1 for amd64.
Had a lot of issues with it. Like below:

* Installation. Seem that many "fakeraid" card present attached sata drives incorrectly no matter what bios settings I use.
   Had a lot of trouble with this and finally solved it. Every time I tried to install on a driv that was connected to my jMicron controller
   on my ASUS M2NVM-DH the everyhing went smooth until the installer tried to mount the formatted partitionen. Got "mount: unknown
   filesysem, silicon_image_raid_member".
   After several hours of investigation I found out that the built in nvidia sata raid card behaved almost the same.
   The controller set ID_FS_TYPE=silicon_raid_raid_member and ID_TYPE=raid no matter what my configuration was in bios.
   It seem that the 0710 kernel detect this and then mount fail fatal during the installation.
   If you get this problem it can be checked with "udevinfo -q all -n /dev/<drive>". Search for ID_FS?
   If you have these your raid controller either behave incorrectly or you have set it to use raid-mode.

Perhaps there are some way to disable the kernel from detecting this and treat each drive as a single drive no matter what.
   I suspect dmraid?

* Windows MCE remote did not work because of a bad dependency what caused pluto-lirc to not be installed.

* Myth LiveTV freece every time I brought up UI2 menus.

Other than I want to try VDR and see if it work better than myth here in sweden.
I´ll wait for beta 2 to finish before I try vdr.

Anyone know if we still need to create channels.conf manually for vdr or is there any automatic channel scanning feature added
to lmce0710. Perhaps use mythbackend to scan and export a channels.conf automatically to vdr.

I´ll let you know tomorrow my first impression with beta 2.

/niz23

My hw:
ASUS M2NVM-DH (used a M2N4-SLI which does not work good at all with Linux. Broken APIC implementation).
2GB RAM.
Dual network.
Several hds with different installations for testing.

Yes the 5gig+ builds are upgrade capabile iso's... not sure why this one was released as i understood from Chris that the 3.8gig iso would be  used for the beta's. Functionally they are indetical apart from the upgrade from 0704 capability.

VDR is not full integrated in the current Beta... you can see where the config page is in Web Admin -> Advanced -> Configuration -> VDR

We ares still working on the install package for VDR (hopefully it will be available for download this weekend from the LinucMCE site) which will be an 'add on' until a later Beta integrates it. We chose this route so as to not delay the lmce-0710 Beta iso's any further

Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

niz23

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 11:27:15 pm »
Looking forward to it.

/niz23

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 12:52:01 am »
I'm not able to enter Webadmin -> Advanced -> Configuration -> Phone setup.

All I get is:
FATAL ERROR
[nativecode=Access denied for user 'asteriskuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)] ** mysql://asteriskuser:amp109@localhost/asterisk

Might be the uppgrade from 0704... Should I try reinstalling?

niz23

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 09:57:11 am »
cirion,

Look like the upgrade screwed up access to your asterisk database.
mysql://asteriskuser:amp109@localhost/asterisk

Probably wrong password for mysql user asteriskuser, or some other access restriction introduced by the upgrade procedure.

I think the easiest is to do a fresh install unless you have some content you want to preserve on your harddrive.

/niz23

cbynaker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 11:38:12 pm »
I am having trouble with getting a successful DL DVD copy made. Was there an MD5 checksum available.

I have made and booted to many single layer DVD images but this is the first DL DVD that I have attempted.

Would it be possible to get a stripped down (non upgradeable) iso posted.

Charles

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 11:40:22 pm »
I am having trouble with getting a successful DL DVD copy made. Was there an MD5 checksum available.
063f0910aa19ddaa0a46d900ade940f2  kubuntu-linuxmce-0710-i386-beta-2.iso