Author Topic: Support for Lynx-10 PLC  (Read 3572 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Support for Lynx-10 PLC
« on: April 08, 2005, 01:08:39 am »
I have installed pluto recently and have been playing with it in my free time.  It seems to have a lot of the features that I'm looking for.  I currently use Misterhouse with a cm11a interface and have been happy with it.  Recently we took a power hit that destroyed several light switches, a tv and my cm11a.  I'm looking at a Lynx-10 PLC by Marrick as a replacement and was wondering if pluto supports it.   Thanks for the great work.

Gary

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Support for Lynx-10 PLC
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 11:29:16 am »
Hi Gary,

Yeah, the x10 switches seem to be rather 'delicate'.  A lot of people would love an alternative to x10 that is more reliable and doesn't have such a problem with signal loss.

We don't have drivers for the Marrick system, but would be happy to add them.  We have released a new "Generic Serial Device" that makes adding most RS232 control devices (like the CM11A) a really fast and trivial matter.  And Pluto has a 'remote access' feature you can turn on to allow our developers access to your box so they can test/debug drivers with you, since we don't have a Marrick system in our office.

So the bottom line is, no we don't have drivers for it, but if you get the system, we will write them for you and probably be around to turn them around in about a week.  Or, if you're a developer who wants to take a try at it yourself, we'll provide tech support and plenty of assistance.

Aaron