Author Topic: Media not appearing....  (Read 2920 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Media not appearing....
« on: December 15, 2007, 01:42:50 am »
Yes, I know this is an old one that sooo many people have asked before... but its been a long time since I had a working LMCE system running, and even then it was a bit dodgy!

I set up a Hybrid in a VM, added a network drive from another PC (actually the VM host - XP), let LMCE find it, told it to use it, public and in the LMCE standard structure. Confirmed that it had successfully created the public-data-audio/video, etc folder structure - so it can see/read/write the share OK. Then put some audio and video in the right folders - confirmed in the Admin page that it could see the share "device" under the right folders (Windows [30], etc) and clicked Resync on each. Watched the sync process happen thru completion.

Checked in the web admin media browser - can see media, but for some reason it only seems to show audio files no matter how many of the properties boxes I tick on!

Either way - in the LMCE media browser I cannot see anything in the appropriate media folders (except things like the Flickr folder). At this point I assumed it was the old mistake of not having tagging on files set up, so of course I just switched the sort mode to Filename - but still nothing!

Weird thing is, when I use the search dialogue, I can see all the media listed - audio and video?!

lon22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Media not appearing....
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 03:52:00 am »
See following post. Hope this helps. http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=3504.0

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 04:19:28 am »
Thanks, but this isn't my situation - mine did add automatically, first time with no Admin site needed, and I did choose to use the LMCE file structure and make all the data public. Done a resync and can find the media in search, just not in the media viewer!

Anybody else?

lon22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 04:22:32 am »
Yes, after I read your post again, I saw that you originally added them automatically. Maybe could try deleting your FileServer and have it automatically added again. You never know with software. It could of been some unknown variable during the first add that screwed things up.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 04:25:42 am »
I agree, it will be my next step if nobody else can come up with something - just wanted to avoid it because it took so damn long to scan all the media last time!