Author Topic: PVR2000  (Read 2685 times)

Isaac

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
PVR2000
« on: December 12, 2007, 08:12:04 pm »
Hi guys (and girls?)

I haven't had much success with the DVD installation although the basic display with static images seemed to work best. I got some glitches with a few test (read downloaded) mpg files and could be because of bad quality files. What did not work right is that it's a mission to get it to stop playing the clip since it responds very slowly to any keyboard command... will see if I can sort it out.

My main problem is that I can't seem to find any linux drivers for my TV Tuner. It does not seem to work with the standard dvd installation and since my linux knowledge is limited to say the least I have no idea where to dig. I will try a basic cd installation to see if I can get it working that way. Anybody else got this TV Tuner to work?
Dual P3 1GHz
1GB RAM
Inno3D 256MB nVidia FX5700
Leadtek WinFast PVR2000

rafik24

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: PVR2000
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 01:29:14 am »
 Hi Isaac,

Check weather you have /dev/dvb/adaptor0/.... entry in dev.

if not check if the card is supported by ivtv or else, you can also check the type of chip on the card in order to know which modules you need.

if you get the dev entry you should be able to use the scan command from dvb-utils then setup mythtv.

Rafik

Isaac

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Re: PVR2000
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 07:19:10 pm »
Hi Rafik

Thanks for the info.

Just had a quick look in the case and it's a Conexant CX23882-19 chip. There is also a Connexant MPEG II A/V Encoder CX23416-12 chp on board. The board is a LR6630 PCB Rev: C. Will boot up the box over the weekend and see how far I get. At the moment it doesn't get past the wizard after the first reboot, since it hangs on OpenGL. Need to get it past that first.
Dual P3 1GHz
1GB RAM
Inno3D 256MB nVidia FX5700
Leadtek WinFast PVR2000