... actually more than a problem, and I'll try do describe them in proper order.
Automatic upgrade process from .29 to .30 did not complete succesfully on my box.
The procedure was hanging when trying to upgrade slapd to newer version.
I rebooted several times, I also leaved it working overnight, but no result.
I then tried to workaround the problem by manually removing slapd, and this seemed to do the trick (at least upgrade was able to continue).
Unfortunately when upgrade finished OnScreen Orbiter on my hybrid was no more started (only X and maybe ratpoison were started), all I got was a grey screen and all network connection were dropped. No way to interact with the box other than hit "reset" button on the case.
I made several reboot but the result was always the same.
So I decided to go for a fresh install. Actually not a totally fresh one, as I decided not to reformat /home partition. As I've read that recent releases of Kick Start CD had some issues, I used .26 KickStartCD that I know that it's working fine.
Installation went ok (I only had to manually move old pluto log dir)
I noticed that apt-get is giving me the following warning:
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://deb.plutohome.com 20dev/contrib Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/deb.plutohome.com_debian_dists_20dev_contrib_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
but I didn't get any dependecies error so far so I guess it is not a major problem.
Nevertheless everytime I reboot the hybrid (and it happened quite a lot of times in the last 2 days) apt-get is getting some packages (e2fs related).
Now OnScreenOrbiter is showing fine, but xine is hanging the whole system each and every time I try to play a divx file. Looks like a xfree86 problem that in this situation jumps to 98% CPU, but I may be wrong.
My box is a VIA EPIA M10000 with a Nehemiah 1Ghz CPU, and according to what I was reading in this forum during the past weeks .30 release should have better support for this kind of hardware.
I'm surely missing something, but so far it seems to me that support for VIA EPIA hw is the same as previous releases.
I also gave a look on the Installation Wizard to see whether some additional settings may have been added to manage VIA hw, but I didn't notice anything.
With previous Pluto releases I was experiencing exactly the same problem, and the only way to make things working was to "hack" the system by using unichrome version of xfree86 and xine 1.1.0
At this point I'm totally clueless, and before re-hacking my system I would like to know whether I can do someting to make it work properly without altering the actual packages.