Author Topic: Dual DVB-S card  (Read 4517 times)

koon

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Dual DVB-S card
« on: December 03, 2007, 12:05:10 am »

Do you guys know of any dual DVB-S card working on Linux and mythtv? I’m desperate looking for one but so far I’ve only found single tuner cards… I can’t believe nobody is using one!   :(

I already have a dual DVB-T tunner and it's working like a charm, but I can't find any info anywhere about DVB-S...

please help me out!

thanks!  ;D

forumworx

• View Profile
Re: Dual DVB-S card
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 03:05:01 pm »
What's the model / make of the Dual DVB-T card?

What are you getting with that? Where abouts are you located?

rafik24

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 03:19:37 pm »
 Hello,

I have 3 Skystar II DVB-S cards and they all work at once beautifully. they are all located in the core.

However if you want to do this i would recommend a fully featured  card which does mpeg processing so you wont need much horse power on your md's.

Regards,

Rafik

koon

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 02:08:49 pm »
What's the model / make of the Dual DVB-T card?

What are you getting with that? Where abouts are you located?

I’m in Spain and my DVB-T card is a Hauppauge wintv nova T-500…. It’s a dual card and both tunners are working more or less correctly so far(though I haven’t tested them much)

Hello,

I have 3 Skystar II DVB-S cards and they all work at once beautifully. they are all located in the core.

However if you want to do this i would recommend a fully featured  card which does mpeg processing so you wont need much horse power on your md's.

Regards,

Rafik

Thanks but I think that’s a single tuner card… my core is also my only media director and there’s only room for 2 pci slots… one is already used by the wireless card, and  I want to put a dual DVB-S card in the other so I can watch a channel while I record on another one… I have been using a dual DVB-T card so far but there are nice free satellite channels I’d like to watch. 

I also have a free pcie x1 slot but I can’t find any wireless pce x1 card working on linux anyways…

No one using a dual DVB-S card then?  :(

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 07:28:46 am »
Hello,

Regards,

Rafik

Rafik, would you like to share what you have done to make the Skystar 2 car work in LinuxMCE? What drivers did you install and how is the Myth setup done?

ddamron

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • My LinuxMCE User Page
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 08:55:56 am »
Koon,

I currently have 3 SINGLE TUNER dvbs cards and one PVR150 cable card...

Haven't seen a DUAL TUNER DVBS, and I've been in it for a while...

Main problem is with dual tuner, you'd have to run 2 coax lines, to a switch, either tone, voltage, or Diseqc..  Seems a bit complicated for the average newbie trying to set up dual sat...
if they attempt to simply 'jump' the tuners, it'll fry the card if 1 tuner is 18V, and the other is 13V...

Best way I can suggest, is to get another PC, configure mythtv on it, and slave it(or run is seperately) off the linucmce myth..  That's what I've done. (basically)
I've actually got 6 receivers.. 3 dvb cards, 3 stb's on a emp centauri 9x8 multiswitch in Diseqc mode going to dual sat dishes with dual LNB's on each... (!)

HTH,

Dan
The only intuitive interface is the nipple.  After that it's all learned.
My other computer is your windows box.
I'm out of my mind.  Back in 5 minutes.
Q:  What's Red and smells like blue paint?

A:  Red Paint.

nite_man

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • Want to work with LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • Smart Home Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 11:57:47 am »

I'm also interested to get more details about your configuration Rafik if it's possible. You can add a new wiki page to share your experience.
Michael Stepanov,
My setup: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Nite_man#New_setup
Russian LinuxMCE community: http://linuxmce.ru

Rectifier

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 06:20:16 pm »
NETCEIVER OEM
External DVB-Multituner for PC

» 3x Tuner Slots for: Dual DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T
» 2x Common Interface Slots (One additional CI available)

» PC-Network connection: 10/100/1000MBit
» 2x SmartCard-Reader (can be upgraded)

» 1x extra PCI slot for HD-Decoder-Card

» Embedded Linux OS included, allowing for bespoke development.

» Driver Disks for DVB-API (Linux) and BDA (Windows) are included.
Checkout reel-mutimedia.com a company in Germany. I have a reel box and it runs on Linux and I use 2 dual dvb-s cards. I can watch 1 channel and record or stream 3 others.