Author Topic: Dutch language  (Read 10044 times)

Latino2

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch language
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 04:43:17 pm »
Hi everyone,
I'm on the beggining of my journey through LinuxMCE and found this post really interesting.
It would be great to have localized versions of this magnificent piece of software.
I would be interested in translate it to Portuguese (PT). Can you give me some headlines (or web links) to how I can get started?
Any help would be apreciated.

Maybe we could build a repository of tranlated versions (like add ons). What do you think? I'm willing to do my small part in this huge project ;-)

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 08:53:43 pm »
Hi,

See my previous post on http://mantis.linuxmce.org/view.php?id=3698

Cheers,

Dave

wout

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 01:06:44 pm »
Hello Dave,

I'm going to give your dutch language sql file a try this week. Thanks in advance for the effort.

I took the liberty of adding some wiki pages:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Local_nl

For your info: http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=4907.0

Let me know what you think of this idea....

Does anybody know who's working on: http://www.linuxmce.nl ??

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 01:54:46 pm by wout »

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 08:03:41 pm »
He Wout,

For this time in English, i'm glad that someone is in need of the dutch language, i do this for a hobby and have little time like everyone else, i translated a lot more since i made that document, for instance i tranlated 95 % of the linux admin website, bit tricky though because some things are also in sql and some only in html and php and java,so besides that i will give you those files as well, the translation is not full accurate, because i made a beginning and later on i will shape some stuff, i only need a place to upload the files you need, maybe you can help me with some stuff and guide me to a upload server or something. Thanks for taking you're time, i also read that you had some mythtv problems, i also have some problems but is stable now. Contact me here or at dave at haakenhout dot nl

Thanx in advance,

with kind regards,

Dave

Ries

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 04:38:31 pm »
Hi all,

First of all, thanks Dave, for kicking off this topic!
I've been reading the LinuxMCE Wiki from top to bottom, seen the video and I am mighty interested in the whole project.

Just last weekend, when I finally banned Vista of my HTPC which I especially assembled for this purpose, I installed another (Open Source - Windows) HTPC solution. I am still stumbling with some things there but it's up and running. Because of this 'stumbling' on a few items, like the quality of the TV channels, I was looking (or browsing) for other solutions until I came around LMCE. I think this could be the total solution that I would like to have... when I get it to work the way even my wife can handle and would (finally) embrace... ;-)

While reading the Wiki and all other (support and FAQ) pages I was wondered that there is nothing said about localization of LMCE. The first time I came around this was at this post.

Can you Dave, or anyone else, please inform me about the following items:
- Is the UI already possible (direct or after some modifications) in the Dutch language (the Admin is of no issue right now)?
- Is there already some solution to retrieve a EPG (automatically would be ideal)?
- Are there some other considerations because this product is (at first) aimed to the US community?

When LMCE can be used in the Dutch language (for my wife, remember ;-) and it supports a EPG for the Dutch TV channels I will install it immediate! Besides of that, I maybe can even be of help to the community as I am a programmer myself (Delphy, PHP, SQL, (D)HTML, Scripts, etc.).

Kind regards,

Ries (Richard)

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 10:08:30 pm »
Definately yes on the EPG.  Don't know about the availability of the dutch localization though.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 10:52:31 pm »
Hi,

Sorry i forgot that one, take a look at this http://visualization.tudelft.nl/~paul/grabber/ , this is the one i tried from many dutch xmltv epg grabbers, this one is the best, just follow the guideline on that page, if you don't understand something, just put you're question here and i will answer it.

Dave

skerit

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 07:40:53 am »
Excellent! I just wanted to say; thank you for the language file :)