Author Topic: Cannot install linuxmce - it cant install mysql  (Read 3144 times)

brianwrym

• View Profile
Cannot install linuxmce - it cant install mysql
« on: November 26, 2007, 04:12:29 am »
7.04 os installs fine and the mce starts to install fine but stops after 10 minutes saying it couldnt complete the installation cause it cant install mysql.... ive tried to install everything over about 3 times to no avail... stops on the same error.. only thing I can think of is when im installing kubuntu I have the network card plugged in... maybe its downloading updates before it starts to install? oh well i unplugged it and im reinstalling it over - ill see if this works.... any suggestions otherwise? Thanks guys!

brianwrym

• View Profile
Re: Cannot install linuxmce - it cant install mysql
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 06:22:46 am »
Well it might install fine now as previously I was using the iso images instead of having it cache the cd's - seems to have gotten past the mysql issues also I went to the mirrors first to make sure they were there - ftp://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu - just to make sure it wasnt a mirror issue.... no issues so far!

brianwrym

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 01:20:23 pm »
well unfortunatley it crashed at the same spot... except when it did it popped up a couple of dialog boxes asking for the password.... i dunno what to do at this point..... arg!

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 04:46:25 pm »
Have you checked the md5sums on the ISOs?
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

brianwrym

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 09:17:35 pm »
Yea I did and they all check out fine.... I talked to the head network engineer at work and he said that I should try running the install from the terminal window with the sudo command so that I'm in super user mode? Do you think this will work and could you post the command for me? When I was doing the install it would pop up login prompts for my password but not knowing much about linux aren't I already logged in as an administrator or is it the case when you first install kubuntu and pick a username that it is a seperate account from and administrator account?

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 09:31:19 pm »
It is best to simply follow the installation instructions as shown in the wiki.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

brianwrym

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 01:50:01 am »
Well I did but I will certainly go over it again as maybe I missed something in the very obvious instructions... thanks!