Author Topic: ogg vorbis  (Read 3021 times)

valerian

• View Profile
ogg vorbis
« on: November 26, 2007, 03:23:45 am »
This may be silly issue since I cannot find an answer on google. I added my raid array and lvm to linuxMCE. On it it contained a bunch of vob's (dvd's) and ogg vorbis for music. The updatemedia had no problem with the vob's (once they were manually added) and they do show up in the video's section. However I cannot see my ogg music. The UpdateMedia only finds mp3's on my disk. I installed VLC (apt-get install vlc), but I still cannot see my 3000 song ogg library in when I click the audio menu. I put in a CD and ripped it to the CORE.  The music is ripped in ogg format and IT TOO does not show up on the audio TAB. Please advise.

regards

+V

rafik24

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: ogg vorbis
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 03:41:06 am »
 Hi,

try installing vorbis-tools ( i guesed that from the output of apt-cache search ogg )

Rafik

valerian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 08:00:16 am »
Thanks for the prompt reply. It turns out though my system already has vorbis-tools installed. I am open to all other suggestions. This does put a damper on the LinuxMCE experience. Thanks.

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 10:22:25 am »
LMCE does not currently read OGG or FLAC tags. http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=2305.msg14574#msg14574

There are also other issues with ogg and flac files. It is mentioned here http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=2362.0 that there will be some update for this in LMCE 710, so I guess you'll have to wait for the next release.

sambuca

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 04:14:05 pm »
LMCE should be able to play .ogg and .flac files just fine.  But there are some issues with ID3 tags being put into them in an incorrect way and possibly messing them up.  Also when ripping from CD the quality settings for .mp3 and .ogg aren't used.  These problems should be adressed in the 0710 release.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous