Author Topic: Version 0710 release date  (Read 43848 times)

mortar

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Version 0710 release date
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 06:10:28 am »
Damn, no birthday present tomorrow then  ;)

atreidae

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 02:00:27 pm »
I look forward to 710,
64 bit support should be good, i can finaly use my processor properly
Im hoping that file types like MKV etc are added to updatemedia as xine can handle them jusr fine
A few bugs on my machine im hoping will be fixed (even though i have almost the exact machine used in the video)

and maybe ill work up the courage to blow away my install and start again, need an excuse to install that new hdd..

rrambo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 04:58:46 pm »
Concerning .mkv files detection...  I have a few of these and would like to be able to play them  also, about half of my 450 movies on my nas are .mp4 which are not detected...  I was told in the forum to rename them to .mpeg but haven't done it yet.......  will 7.10 detect .mp4 files without having to rename them to .mpeg??  I would like to not rename them if possible for a couple of reasons...  also, is it possible that the integration of mplayer into 7.10 that this will help with files (other than HD) that xine will not play, to play within mplayer automatically??  of my collection of movies.. xine will not play a lot of them..  however mplayer will play every single one....  in my opinion this is a MAJOR problem with linuxmce...  I can't believe that I'm the only person having this problem....  unless I'm one of the few that have as many movies that are encoded differently..  I probably have just about every type of .avi, .mp4 and .mkv out there....  encoded with divx, xvid, h.264, x.264..  you name it....  but mplayer will play ALL of them..  xine only plays some of them... the win32codecs package is installed of course...  but I had the same problem with ubuntu and xine before I tried linuxmce...   I had both xine and mplayer installed on my ubuntu machine and only mplayer would play all my files..  I keep reading posts with people bashing mplayer, but hell, at least it plays everything..  and quite well for me....

dgirard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 07:42:28 pm »
Concerning .mkv files detection...  I have a few of these and would like to be able to play them  also, about half of my 450 movies on my nas are .mp4 which are not detected...  I was told in the forum to rename them to .mpeg but haven't done it yet.......  will 7.10 detect .mp4 files without having to rename them to .mpeg??  I would like to not rename them if possible for a couple of reasons...  also, is it possible that the integration of mplayer into 7.10 that this will help with files (other than HD) that xine will not play, to play within mplayer automatically??  of my collection of movies.. xine will not play a lot of them..  however mplayer will play every single one....  in my opinion this is a MAJOR problem with linuxmce...  I can't believe that I'm the only person having this problem....  unless I'm one of the few that have as many movies that are encoded differently..  I probably have just about every type of .avi, .mp4 and .mkv out there....  encoded with divx, xvid, h.264, x.264..  you name it....  but mplayer will play ALL of them..  xine only plays some of them... the win32codecs package is installed of course...  but I had the same problem with ubuntu and xine before I tried linuxmce...   I had both xine and mplayer installed on my ubuntu machine and only mplayer would play all my files..  I keep reading posts with people bashing mplayer, but hell, at least it plays everything..  and quite well for me....

Rambo:
Yea, I've got the same issue...many many many mkv and avi files with every codec under the sun....I haven't really tried them with mplayer, so I'm glad to hear you can play all the ones you have.   I've been testing them with xine by renaming them to .avi, and some play, but many do not...I've definately noticed that 1080p source files do not play with xine for me....

So here we are anxiously (or should I say patiently!, developers, please do not rush it out the door with bugs!) awaiting 0710...

Mods: maybe you should make this thread a sticky so it stays at the top and nobody else posts a "when does 0710 come out" posting...or put a sticky that only the developers can post to with the current status....because I think I speak for many of us when I say that I don't want them to rush---we want a good solid quality product so that new-adopters do not have any issues--but we also want to install it ASAP when it's released!

This is a great product!  I can't wait to see what's coming!

-David

rrambo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 10:42:08 pm »
On my Ubuntu machine (7.10) I had all of the ubuntu and kubuntu restricted extras installed as well as the medibuntu sources...  some media files will not play at all in xine.. some would play with funky video/audio problems like xine was on an acid trip...  when played with mplayer they all play fine...  this does not appear to be hardware related as I have tried it on several machines...  intel, via and amd processors and nvidia, ati, and via video cards...  everything points to xine being the problem...  i can also play all of my video files on my mac with quicktime and vlc..  so it's not like the video files are something special...  oh..  they all play fine with vlc for linux too...

bmthguy2003

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 12:18:15 am »
Can't wait to get my hands on 0710 - dying to get it setup with VDR - have also managed to get hold of a tatung x2000 webpad which i hope to use as a remote along with my wm5 smartphone if it's supported.

linix

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 08:59:38 pm »
I was wondering why we don't have a kind of Alpha-Beta-RC-Formal Release system in place. this will leverage mass support for testing/fixes and more predictable release cycle.

thanks
peng

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 09:53:24 pm »
LinuxMCE is in the process of merging their changes back from the Pluto code-base, once this is in place, we can start thinking of mapping out release processes. Things are still very early, please read around.

-Thom

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 12:28:43 pm »
I look forward to 710,
64 bit support should be good, i can finaly use my processor properly
Im hoping that file types like MKV etc are added to updatemedia as xine can handle them jusr fine
A few bugs on my machine im hoping will be fixed (even though i have almost the exact machine used in the video)

and maybe ill work up the courage to blow away my install and start again, need an excuse to install that new hdd..

...0710 is getting closer... but is still at least 7 days away. But a 64bit version is definitely going to be available. Adding support for new file types will be possible in 0710 too I've been testing adding those now that the DB Schema has been updated to allow for more data in the Extensions field of the MediaType table. You have to use some MySQL queries but its not that difficult;

mysql -u root -D pluto_main -N -e "UPDATE MediaType SET Extensions = 'mov,avi,mpeg,mpg,wmv,ts,tp,dvd,vdr,ogm,mkv' WHERE Extensions = 'mov,avi,mpeg,mpg,wmv,ts,tp,dvd,vdr,ogm'"

Login to the console under 0710 and use the line above to add the MKV file type to your system... and its done!

***Don't try the above under 0704 as you could damage your DB***

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

jayzee

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 01:36:50 pm »
am sooo looking forward to 0710, great to hear it could be as little as 7 days away, would love it to be out before xmas so I can get it all set up and configured. Am hoping VDR sorts out the problems i have been having with TV on 0704. good work to all those beavering behind the scenes to get this out :)
Core/hybrid
Asrock AM2NF3-VSTA, AMD 64 Dual Core 4000, 1gig ram, 2xpvr150, 1xwintv nova T500, 1xconextant 4x security cam input card

1 X MD
Asus M2NPV-VM, AMD 64 3200, 512mb ram, Silverstone Lascala LC02B

3xMD
Biostar 200n, AMD Sempron 2300, 512

Hagen

• Guru
  • LMCE wannabe user
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 02:24:26 pm »
...0710 is getting closer... but is still at least 7 days away. 

Andrew

am sooo looking forward to 0710, great to hear it could be as little as 7 days away,
heheheheheheehe the danger of 'leaking' a release date. And intentionally misunderstanding a post  ;D

Veidit

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 02:58:41 pm »
Ah will we be able to add support for mp4 the same way in 0710?

Hagen

• Guru
  • LMCE wannabe user
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 03:13:58 pm »
will .iso be supported in the same way as .dvd in 0710?
Will LMCE still rip to .dvd or .iso?

Is there a way to set .dvd=.iso in the code?

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 03:16:28 pm »
Ah will we be able to add support for mp4 the same way in 0710?
Yes... tested that yesterday :-)
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2007, 03:31:58 pm »
will .iso be supported in the same way as .dvd in 0710?
Will LMCE still rip to .dvd or .iso?

Is there a way to set .dvd=.iso in the code?

Ok... support for existing .iso files has been added (ie ones you rip outside lmce) having just discussed it with one of the devs

Making lmce rip files as .iso's is something that is more complex. But might be for the future
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd