Author Topic: Controlling of STB!!  (Read 2634 times)

radmofo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Controlling of STB!!
« on: November 22, 2007, 05:13:26 am »
Ok folks I am in extreme need of an assist- I have spent countless hours installing and configuring LinuxMCE. There seems to be no way to get it to change the channels on my set top box using a usb uirt.

I have a PVR 150 and a PVR 500 I have tried them both. For simplicity I only have the PVR 150 installed and the STB is connected to the anntena (coax) port on the PVR 150.

I have manually set each code and when I do "test code" for each button,  they work fine.
I tried setting the codes through the orbiter as well as the Admin panel.

I have schedules direct all set up and get liveTV on the screen and can change the channels directly with the remote pointed at the STB but MythTV just will not change the channels.

I am pretty sure I have all the settings correct but obviously I am missing something.

Should I have some sort of "external change channel command" in the MythTV setup? It always seems to be blank.

I have searched and searched, Any help here would be greatly appreciated. WHAT AM I MISSING?

rafik24

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Controlling of STB!!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 04:26:54 pm »
 Hi,

I tried controlling my AV gear trough a serial transceiver and I've been stuck on this issue for weeks.
with my device I'm not able yet to learn my remote codes through the wizard, i'm using irrecord.
 I can control my device using lirc irsend but i think with usb you might be working on usbhid level.

I let you know if i get any further.

Regards,

Rafik
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 07:36:39 pm by rafik24 »

radmofo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 04:24:48 pm »
I did get LinuxMCE to control the box. Just without PVR functionallity or Visa versa see this thread.

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=3286.0

Can't help you much with your problem Rafik, Sorry- I'm using a USB UIRT.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 05:29:30 pm by radmofo »

rafik24

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Controlling of STB!! [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 05:05:04 pm »
 Glad you got up and running on this, i think i've found a trick using event handlers but i'm not finished yet.

PS: i think you got the wrong link, it's bring me back here while clicking.

All the best,

Rafik

radmofo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 05:30:08 pm »
Oops I pasted the wrong link....I fixed it now.