Author Topic: Editing the menu  (Read 2944 times)

Visti

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Editing the menu
« on: November 22, 2007, 02:22:40 pm »
Hi guys! I was wondering if there were any way I could modify the panels of LMCE - I doubt I'm going to be needing Climate buttons and such things, so maybe I could either delete them or make them do other things that I would like to have? Alternatively, I'd also like to know if it's possible to just add entries to the particular menus for running shell scripts, for example (invoking an emulator or something like that, maybe?)

Thanks in advance,
Visti

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Editing the menu
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 07:24:55 pm »
1. Not without modifying them with the Designer. and if you decided to add climate control, you would have to add them back in. I would not recommend doing this.

2. No. You can use the Computing menu for now, to do this.. I am making a game plugin (starting with MAME support) that will appear in the Media scenarios, and will use the same media selection techniques as for audio and video.

-Thom

Visti

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Editing the menu
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 07:35:13 pm »
Thanks for the reply!

1: It's not that much of a nuisance right now, it just feels like I could make it a bit more elegant for my needs, but anyhow..

2: That's exactly what I'm talking about.. MAME, Gameboy, UAE support would be sweet if the Media Browser recognized those.