Author Topic: Current features of Asterisk and telephony under Pluto  (Read 4619 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Current features of Asterisk and telephony under Pluto
« on: September 20, 2005, 07:09:25 am »
Hi,

I've started to use telephony features of Pluto and have some problems. As a start, I'd kindly ask if Dan can give us users some more info what currently works and what not and what is being worked on (maybe we can help)....

I've added new softphone template (based on snom template without MAC data), but it seems like is't not sufficient....

I'd kindly ask if anyone can explain how can generic phone device be added to Pluto (I know that currently this must be done separately - one in AMP and another in Pluto) - but anyway - in this way we get working phone device that can be used for further testing...

I've added two phone device with coresponding types (1 IAX and 1 SIP) and made internal call:

- Asterisk wrapper  is receiving events from Asterisk, but there seems to be no further action (should this be visible in Asterisk wrapper log ?)  ?  

- I cannot get any further menu screen on Orbiter from those two devices...

- I'm not sure what features currently do work (announcing incoming call, makin outgoing call, etc. ...)...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Current features of Asterisk and telephony under Pluto
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 11:28:01 am »
We hope to add as much features as posible, but we are limited in time.
We are planning to add SIP and IAX softphone device templates, so you could test pluto's asterisk without buying hardware.
Making calls is working, you can select from orbiter from which phone you want to speak and which number to call. After that the phone will ring, you pick up, and then the call is placed. You can't call (yet) from the orbiter itself.

I'm not sure if pluto's asterisk is forwarding events, and if he does if anybody listens to them, so announcing incoming call probably doesn't work.