Author Topic: No App Servers ?  (Read 20805 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
No App Servers ?
« on: September 20, 2005, 06:13:33 am »
Hi

Not sure if this is the correct place to post but as both my problems seem to relate to the app server here goes.

At this stage I am simply trying to set up an evalution system so I have elected a stand alone core/hybrid without DHCP. The kickstart CD works fine and on reboot packages are updated/setup.

On first boot the welcome screen does not have a button for the myth tv setup. After this screen it boots into the orbiter screen.

To get to the MythTV setup, after the welcome screen, I thought I needed to click the computing button on the orbiter. When I do this I get a message "There are no App Servers on this media director".

Should I be able to see this button from a standard install?

Also I can put an audio CD into the drive and this is auto detected and starts to play, just as it should. If I try to rip it to the core I get a message "Connot Copy Disk NO App_Server"

I guess this is related to the lack of App Servers as above, do I need to do something to enable this?

Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers
Russell

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
We also experience this
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 10:38:34 am »
To get to the MythTV setup, after the welcome screen, I thought I needed to click the computing button on the orbiter. When I do this I get a message "There are no App Servers on this media director".

How do we setup the app server, I have downloaded the XP App Server software, will try that now when we get to the office.

Thanks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
No App Servers ?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 03:34:18 pm »
sorry, this was a bug introduced in the 29 release, which has been fixed for 30.  In the meantime you can add app server manually.  Go to advanced, devices.  Select each PC device from the tree in the left one at a time: "CORE", "Core/hybrid" (a child of CORE if you have a hybrid), and each M/D.  for each device click the link create child, then click the button to pick the device template, select the category "App Server", and add an app server device.  when you're done, reboot.  Then he will be able to rip, lAunch applications, browse Web, and all the other stuff you need an app server device to do--its role is launching external applications, and without the device the system cannot do it.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
No App Servers ?
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 02:09:55 am »
Ahhh.., Thanks for that Arron. All good now :D

Russell