Author Topic: How to add support for lirc_i2c for PVR250 cards  (Read 3912 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
How to add support for lirc_i2c for PVR250 cards
« on: September 19, 2005, 01:08:59 am »
I have been trying to figure out exactly how to stop the lirc_mceusb driver from being loaded, but I have not been able to determine how to stop this driver from loading and getting the lirc_i2c to load.  

I have a hybrid system set up with PVR250 installed and ivtv drivers loaded properly, confirmed by dmesg.  

I am very confused on how the LIRC modules are loaded.  I have two different remotes along with configuration files that I have used in the past to control MythTV in the past.  

Thanks,
Rob

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: How to add support for lirc_i2c for PVR250 cards
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 11:44:44 am »
Quote from: "rwilson131"
I have been trying to figure out exactly how to stop the lirc_mceusb driver from being loaded, but I have not been able to determine how to stop this driver from loading and getting the lirc_i2c to load.  

I have a hybrid system set up with PVR250 installed and ivtv drivers loaded properly, confirmed by dmesg.  

I am very confused on how the LIRC modules are loaded.  I have two different remotes along with configuration files that I have used in the past to control MythTV in the past.  

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob (my nickname is same),

I had similar problems since I use ATI Remote Wonder. Pluto guys said to me that loading of mce module is hardcoded, but in my case it doesn't pose any problem...

Code: [Select]
dcerouter_260:/home/logs/pluto$ lsmod | grep lirc
lirc_mceusb            10752  0
lirc_atiusb            18016  1
lirc_dev               15204  2 lirc_mceusb,lirc_atiusb
usbcore               122520  10 lirc_mceusb,usblp,lirc_atiusb,pwc,ehci_hcd,hci_usb,uhci_hcd,snd_usb_audio,snd_usb_lib

There are other lirc modules loaded beside lirc_mceusb and lirc works....

HTH,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
How to add support for lirc_i2c for PVR250 cards
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 03:30:52 pm »
i did a bug report which explains the problem/solution:
http://plutohome.com/support/mantis/view.php?id=1164