Author Topic: Extending customized flickr screensaver to photo viewer ?  (Read 3929 times)

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Extending customized flickr screensaver to photo viewer ?
« on: November 15, 2007, 09:45:16 am »
Hi,

we now have ability to customize photo screen saver to show pictures from particular directory. Is it hard to extend it to act like a photo viewer that can be started from media browser on Orbiter as well ? I guess we need a way to intercept media browser messages and then start photo screen saver with files that are currently selected...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Extending customized flickr screensaver to photo viewer ?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 11:18:33 pm »
The PhotoScreenSaver device is focussed on displaying a list of files at random with pan and scan type functionality. If you want the same functionaility then I guess it would be possible. If you want slideshow type functionality then I would probably think not.

From memory there is a command interface to reset the file list for the Photo Screen Saver device, so it would just be a matter of grabbing the file list from the media file grid and calling that command followed by one to bring up the screen saver.
Is it possible to select multiple pictures from the file grid though? If this is not possible then may be a bit pointless.
Once you started it with these photos they would then become your screen saver for that session though as I don't think that there is a reload command for the other files - I think that is called in the constructor.