Again I've found after multiple installs that the problem is my hardware. MY DVD drive incorrectly reads at least three files. I found this after I could not install Kubuntu from what was a working CD. I did a check of CD (one of the menu options on the install disk) and it reported 3 files that could not be read.
I burned a new disk and still had three files reported as bad. When I installed a new drive the installation went perfectly.
As a novice with MCE I do not know when the problem is MCE, the hardware or my not understanding how it should work.
My suggestion; check everything. Do a checksum of the download and run the CD checker utility before you install. Confirm every step of the way that you have a clean install disk. (The CD checker will also uncover a problem with your drive.)