Author Topic: Complete rewrite of template for Marantz Audio receivers  (Read 12950 times)

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Complete rewrite of template for Marantz Audio receivers
« on: November 13, 2007, 04:49:18 pm »
Hi,

I've already contributed template for Marantz SR5600 audio receivers (don't know for sure, but the same template could probably be easily used also on other models from Marantz that have rs232 connector). But since it didn't get into Pluto's main database, I've decided to rewrite it completely for the LMCE system. The whole procedure is currently being updated on Wiki page : http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Marantz_SR5600

But I have a problem :

- when I try to add MEdia scnearios for it, it's painted in red and beside text appears :
Devices in red do not have any media types set on the A/V Properties page or they are not assigned to this entertain area.
and I cannot add any media scenario for that device. It has assigned room and EA, so I really have no clue what is wrong...

Any ideas ?

- I wonder if I can contribute template and how to do it to main LMCE database, so others will be also able to use it ? I'm interested in this, cause very shortly, template for LG LCD TVs and Plasmas will follow...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

tkmedia

• View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
Re: Complete rewrite of template for Marantz Audio receivers
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 05:48:09 pm »
Great work bluek,

I am currently trying to build a template for Olevia 232 Lcd it only has hex codes I have tried modifying the codes for the plasma rs232 and had no luck. I seem to have communication for I have seen a response using testserialport.   Any thoughts?

Sorry I don't have any suggestions for your scenario issue.

Thanks

Tim
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 06:01:44 pm »
Great work bluek,

I am currently trying to build a template for Olevia 232 Lcd it only has hex codes I have tried modifying the codes for the plasma rs232 and had no luck. I seem to have communication for I have seen a response using testserialport.   Any thoughts?

Thanks

Tim
Sorry ,

you have to be more specific about that. Can you in few sentences describe what you've done and what your problem is - maybe it's better to start new thread... I'll help you as much as I can...

Regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 08:06:54 pm »
Hi Bulek,

- I wonder if I can contribute template and how to do it to main LMCE database, so others will be also able to use it ? I'm interested in this, cause very shortly, template for LG LCD TVs and Plasmas will follow...

we don't have figured out the complete sqlCVS workflow at the moment. But it would be great if you can commit your changes to the testing sqlCVS repository (62.99.143.187:3999, pluto~pluto, see the sqlCVS thread). I have a SR7001 myself and can test your checkin next week (dsl is coming back on monday ;) ).

When we understand how to isolate sqlCVS batches we can collect them in the testing repo for working devices and inject them into the main/release repository when approved.

best regards,
Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 09:23:50 pm »
Hi Bulek,

we don't have figured out the complete sqlCVS workflow at the moment. But it would be great if you can commit your changes to the testing sqlCVS repository (62.99.143.187:3999, pluto~pluto, see the sqlCVS thread). I have a SR7001 myself and can test your checkin next week (dsl is coming back on monday ;) ).

When we understand how to isolate sqlCVS batches we can collect them in the testing repo for working devices and inject them into the main/release repository when approved.

best regards,
Hari

Funny coincidence, I was just preparing to get back to messing with sqlCVS again.  Good to know that it's "pluto~pluto" BTW, I was using "sqlcvsuser~sqlcvspassword" from the wiki example before.  Looking at sqlCVS Diff now on an older test install, I just wish I knew what everything meant  :-[

"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 09:45:45 pm »
Bulek--

Thanks!  I've got a Denon receiver that I want to control via its RS-232 interface.  I'll use your Marantz template as a, well, template for my template.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had any luck using the GC100's serial port?  I've seen lots of posting on the IR functionality, but I don't recall someone having a working RS232 implementation.  Hopefully it will work following the wiki.

-Pete

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 11:18:07 pm »
The Denon should be in the database already. They are supposedly all the same and I have seen them work with LMCE. And its cheaper to get a USB-rs232 adapter and than a GC100 if you have a media director in range.

The Denon may be a good one to use as a templet for new receivers, since it was created by Pluto.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 11:19:12 pm »
Just out of curiosity, has anyone had any luck using the GC100's serial port?  I've seen lots of posting on the IR functionality, but I don't recall someone having a working RS232 implementation.  Hopefully it will work following the wiki.

-Pete

Yep, I have a CM11 attached to it, see: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Gc100#Serial_Port on how to fix it's serial port.  You already posted in the thread where I figured it out. :D
-- Anonymous

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 11:38:22 pm »
Yep, I have a CM11 attached to it, see: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Gc100#Serial_Port on how to fix it's serial port.  You already posted in the thread where I figured it out. :D

Now I'm double-super sure!  Thanks  ???
-Pete

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 12:03:30 am »

Now I'm double-super sure!  Thanks  ???
-Pete

Did I miss something here ???

I was refering to this thread: http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=2161.msg10140#msg10140 btw.
-- Anonymous

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 12:15:29 am »
No. I just completely forgot about that thread. Hence the  ???   I did have a question on that though.  What is the purpose of the modification to the script here:

Code: [Select]
mv /usr/pluto/bin/gc100-serial-bridge.sh /usr/pluto/bin/gc100-serial-bridge.sh.backup
sed -e 's/false/0/g' /usr/pluto/bin/gc100-serial-bridge.sh.backup >/usr/pluto/bin/gc100-serial-bridge.sh

Thanks,
-Pete

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 12:22:13 am »
The Denon should be in the database already. They are supposedly all the same and I have seen them work with LMCE. And its cheaper to get a USB-rs232 adapter and than a GC100 if you have a media director in range.

The Denon may be a good one to use as a templet for new receivers, since it was created by Pluto.

Unfortunately, I don't have an MD in range.  I have a squeezebox and a receiver.  My plan was to use the wireless bridge capabilities of the squeezebox to connect a GC100 to the network so I can turn the receiver on and off to play music, controlled by a mobile orbiter.  Mostly, it's just an excuse to play with the GC100

Thanks for the heads-up on the Denon.  With any luck (and the GC100 wiki )this may just work the first time.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 01:00:16 am »
No. I just completely forgot about that thread. Hence the  ???   I did have a question on that though.  What is the purpose of the modification to the script here:

Code: [Select]
mv /usr/pluto/bin/gc100-serial-bridge.sh /usr/pluto/bin/gc100-serial-bridge.sh.backup
sed -e 's/false/0/g' /usr/pluto/bin/gc100-serial-bridge.sh.backup >/usr/pluto/bin/gc100-serial-bridge.sh

Thanks,
-Pete
That simply creates a backup of /usr/pluto/bin/gc100-serial-bridge.sh and then replaces "false" with "0".
-- Anonymous

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 01:16:26 am »
Thanks for the info!

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 04:38:44 am »
My plan was to use the wireless bridge capabilities of the squeezebox to connect a GC100 to the network so I can turn the receiver on and off to play music, controlled by a mobile orbiter.

There has been some discussion of using the Squeezebox's built in IR port to send IR commands. If it can be figured out it would be a great way to accomplish your goal.