Author Topic: Some issues on orbiters  (Read 16177 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some issues on orbiters
« on: September 15, 2005, 09:41:46 am »
I've noted that when I'm listening to my mp3 files Orbiter does not update on the main screen the name of the song currently playing.
To get it right I have to get into the "remote" view and then click back to "home" view.

Is this a normal behaviour or not?

Also I am not able to make the "picture" section working.

When from my orbiter main screen I go to to "More"->"Pictures" I get a list of the files that are currently present in /home/public/data/pictures (well .. not all of them ... only those with "jpg" extension).

When I click on one of them, orbiter shows this message:
"I cannot play this media: Perhaps there is not a valid device in this entertainment area capable of playing it".

Both issues are happening on both the hybrid and the remote orbiter.

Am I doing something wrong?
If so, what is the proper way to see jpg/jpeg files from an orbiter/MD?

TIA
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some issues on orbiters
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 11:22:01 am »
the behaviour you described is not normal.
'home' screen should always show you the current media beeing played.
i can't reporduce this behavior on my test machines.
what version has your hybrid?

about pictures, we don't have yet a hanler for pictures, so that message is correct now, we plan to add one on next releases, we still need to work on that.

Dan

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some issues on orbiters
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 12:04:00 pm »
Quote from: "dan.g"

about pictures, we don't have yet a hanler for pictures, so that message is correct now, we plan to add one on next releases, we still need to work on that.

Dan

Hi,

FYI: in other thread I posted several options to do it fast way (but I guess you would want to do it properly). fast way would be to use one of many programs that makes photo DVD images (with DVD menus) out of photos - then Xine or VLC could be used to play that...

HTH,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some issues on orbiters
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 09:38:43 am »
Hybrid is .29, installed from scratch (not updated from previous versions)

I think there were some problems at install time, because yesterday I rebooted hybrid and it reinstalled a few packages. After that Orbiter screens are updated normally.

It may be also my fault, as I'm making some tests on this box. They are not related to Orbiters, but probably I don't know enough about Pluto to be sure that anything else is affected by what I'm doing ....

Thanks anyway
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some issues on orbiters
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 08:02:27 pm »
Hi,

I'll also add some problems I spotted with Orbiters:

- IR navigation in media directories now works, but middle column loses highlight when I get to scroll down (it works on entry level of directories, but not anymore on lover directories level)....

- CD ripping as pending task - screen is not updating on Orbiter (if I go out and get back again then text is refreshed)....

- Phones are not yet drawn of floorplan....

- is there any plan to add current state to existing devices on floorplan (temperatures, etc...)

- MO : I still have problems when being home and it doesn't switch to Bluetooth connection.... Also when I press 1-5 on GPRS MO, it gives me after some time wrong answer (it works on wap simulator, although it sometimes reports that screenshot is not available - although motion-wrapper works) ....

HTH,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some issues on orbiters
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 09:27:54 am »
we have already fixed pending tasks page to refresh at 5 seconds. not working on your installation?
i need to look on our test systems at phones floorplan and ir navigation, i'll reply again
about MO, i put a mantis bug report for chris, he will take a look, this is the link
http://plutohome.com/support/mantis/view.php?id=1113
about GPRS MO, we fixed this, will be available on 2.0.0.30
about
- is there any plan to add current state to existing devices on floorplan (temperatures, etc...)

so, on your climate floorplan you don't have info about your devices? temp, etc.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some issues on orbiters
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 09:57:23 am »
Hi Rob,

Can you give me more details about this?
MO : I still have problems when being home and it doesn't switch to Bluetooth connection....

We tested it here like this: Went outside bluetooth range, opened PlutoMO and the vmc file; then went back in bluetooth range: PlutoMO is getting connected and Orbiter's main menu is shown up. How can we reproduce that behaviour you've describe?

Thanks,
Chris M.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some issues on orbiters
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 10:13:31 am »
Hi,

we have already fixed pending tasks page to refresh at 5 seconds. not working on your installation?

could be that I didn't wait for 5 secs...

i need to look on our test systems at phones floorplan and ir navigation, i'll reply again

I think that the best solution would be to :
- first Dan finishes template for adding general softphones or phone devices (so we, non Pluto phones users can make tests too)..
- then we check if devices are shown on floorplan wizard and then on Orbiter

I've added to Linphone devices, but they don't show on floorplan wizard - obviously template is deprecated...

so, on your climate floorplan you don't have info about your devices? temp, etc.ΒΈ

I have added dummy devices - I just wanted to know it this will work... Can I somehow manually set device state from web admin interface (to set temperature to constant value - just for demo purposes) ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some issues on orbiters
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 10:58:06 am »
I have added dummy devices - I just wanted to know it this will work... Can I somehow manually set device state from web admin interface (to set temperature to constant value - just for demo purposes) ?

you can fire a temperature changed event
with MessageSend.exe, i don't know the exact params, if you don't manage to do that pls reply and i'll sent you the params.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some issues on orbiters
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 01:02:12 pm »
Quote from: "tinia"
I think that the best solution would be to :
- first Dan finishes template for adding general softphones or phone devices (so we, non Pluto phones users can make tests too)..
- then we check if devices are shown on floorplan wizard and then on Orbiter

I've added to Linphone devices, but they don't show on floorplan wizard - obviously template is deprecated...

I've tried to add dummy Snom phone device and it appears on floorplan wizard. Obviously Snom device template is up to date and other deprecated...

Can someone
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some issues on orbiters
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 09:29:35 pm »
Quote from: "tinia"
Hi,

could be that I didn't wait for 5 secs...

I've checked again with renegenrating Orbiters and pending task doesn't refresh, even after few minutes....

HTH,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some issues on orbiters
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 12:00:22 am »
Quote from: "chris.m"
Hi Rob,

Can you give me more details about this?
MO : I still have problems when being home and it doesn't switch to Bluetooth connection....

We tested it here like this: Went outside bluetooth range, opened PlutoMO and the vmc file; then went back in bluetooth range: PlutoMO is getting connected and Orbiter's main menu is shown up. How can we reproduce that behaviour you've describe?

Thanks,
Chris M.

Hi,

I took a closer look, and it shows that my Bluetooth_Dongle is dying. After it dies, I run it manually :

Code: [Select]
dcerouter_260:~$ /usr/pluto/bin/Bluetooth_Dongle -d 6628 -r localhost
Failed initializing SDL: No available video device
dcerouter_260:~$

What does this mean? Why Bluetooth dongle needs SDL ? Everything else seems to be running normally (I can run Mythfrontend, Xine, etc...). I'll leave machine on in this state so you can take a peek if you want to....

Thanks for help,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some issues on orbiters
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 07:35:21 am »
Hi,

You'll have to run "export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=dummy" before running Bluetooth_Dongle manually. It needs SDL because it creates "slave" orbiters, getting the images from them simulation key presses.
  Please send me an email with Bluetooth_Dongle's log if it dies again. Also check if there are any coredumps in /usr/pluto/coredumps for Bluetooth_Dongle.

Regards,
Chris M.