Author Topic: Services and Desktop  (Read 3976 times)

AlucardBC

• View Profile
Services and Desktop
« on: November 09, 2007, 03:59:44 am »
2 thing I wish was in LinuxMCE. One is the ability to stop LMCE from starting the core services. I would like to be able to say wait, I don't want LMCE up right now, I want to change a config file. Or change something before the services start or if I change my mind on starting LMCE.

The second thing would to have the desktop already up before LMCE starts so I don't have to start LMCE to get anything graphical. Or even have the option on the Linux MCE Launch Manager to start the desktop. Whatever works best or is easier to do whether its a button on the manager, or the desktop comes up right before the manager.

Hagen

• Guru
  • LMCE wannabe user
    • View Profile
Re: Services and Desktop
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 08:25:34 am »
On install if you select 'use this machine primarly as a PC' you will get the desktop first.
Then you can click on launch LMCE as if it was an application.
Then you can select (or not) the two checkmarsk for start services and start core automatically.

The downside to that method is that you may have to log in to Kubuntu every time you boot.
(I have tried it that way once, but I dropped it soon after and reinstalled)

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Services and Desktop
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 02:04:20 pm »
Maybe this is more what you're looking for: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Clean_Core it describes several alternative ways to start up.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous