Author Topic: new set up questions  (Read 2490 times)

ldisplay

• View Profile
new set up questions
« on: November 11, 2007, 04:53:59 am »
come this sumer I would like to set up a media box. I am focusing right now on media stuff.

I plan on having a computer that all it is there for is to store images of my dvd's. now I plan on getting a blu-ray or hd-dvd player when I get my hdtv (around the same time).
my question is I can get slysoft anydvd hd as I like there product, Buddy of mine has a blu-ray burner/reader but so far have yet to find a hd-dvd, is there one? can I even play it with the new linux mce coming out?

now this hdcp I have been reading about, how if thing don't match it is basically dvd quality any way around this?
video card: ati or nvidia? memory size? I want 1080p can dvi candle it? I know about the hdmi-dvi cables.

1080p capture card?

one last thing I have bell expressvu can I get the guide some how that myth tv can control my receiver to record the show?

« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 04:55:44 am by ldisplay »

Hagen

• Guru
  • LMCE wannabe user
    • View Profile
Re: new set up questions
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 09:29:07 am »
You could try the Wiki (refered to on the main page) for tips.
The thing is, any setup can be heavily customized hardware wise so it's more 'what do you want/need/prefer' then check the wiki for compatibility.
Most stuff will work at some level, but you may not get all the bells and whistles (like 1080P) that you would get if you selected carefully (cryptic enough?).