Author Topic: [Solved]WinTV-PVR-150 - Channels Missing  (Read 3836 times)

haputanlas

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
[Solved]WinTV-PVR-150 - Channels Missing
« on: November 04, 2007, 09:44:12 pm »
Hey Guys,

The channel listings for my Live-TV works great, but when I attempt to view some of the channels that I am subscribed to, I get static. I have verified that the channel numbers are correct, but I only get static.

Justin
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:19:08 am by haputanlas »

haputanlas

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: WinTV-PVR-150 - Channels Missing
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 09:02:07 am »
I think there is a concept that I am missing here. The problem is this; I am only getting basic cable (Antenna channels) when I disconnect my cable box and directly connect the cable to my LinuxMCE box. If I connect the cable box to the cable and then connect the output of the cable box to my Linux MCE box, I can get all channels, but I have the stupid Time Warner menus instead of the LinuxMCE menus. I know that this must be a basic concept that I am not getting, but I don't know what to do next. Any help? Thanks

Justin

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 07:10:50 pm »
You probably have a digital converter box.  While your tuner card can decode the analog channels, it cannot decode the digital channesl.  The way to use this is to connect the cable to the cable box, and connect the output of the box the tuner card.  You need a device to change the channels on the cable box directly from LMCE.  This is most easily done with a USB-UIRT device which mimics an IR remote control.  That way, you can use LMCE's schedule and it will tune the cable box.

haputanlas

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 04:28:42 am »
Thank you for the response. However, the real question is this; If I connect the cable box to my LinuxMCE box, won't the Time Warner GUI still display when I change channels? It doesn't seem like I will be able to only have the LinuxMCE interface.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 06:06:54 am »
some cable boxes when you flip the outputs to HD (i.e. set output to 1080i), it will cause the OSD to only appear on the HD ports.. the Motorola DCT6200 works this way...

I honestly don't care..because it allows me to seamlessly use both the LinuxMCE UI, and the LiveTV (type 11) UI, and I have my TV connected to both the tuner and the direct path, so it's transparent for me anyway, if I want to move between HD and SD content...

-Thom

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 03:28:10 pm »
Justin-

My cable box doesn't display the menu or any other OSD when I simply change channels with the remote by typing in the numbers (direct tuning).  If yours does, that's a little bit of a hassle.

-Pete