Author Topic: Mac Mini: Feature request or dumb question?  (Read 2548 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Mac Mini: Feature request or dumb question?
« on: September 14, 2005, 07:44:48 am »
Hi !

I got referred to pluto by a friend savvy in the Open Source way of life. We have been designing a myth-system for a while testing the sw and features to get a fully functional wife friendly home-entertainment system with dedicated fileserver, mythbackend and different frontends.

Now i see pluto and this is (if it delivers what it promises) too much. Really good design, plugins, client/server etc. etc... it has almost everything one could wish from a home media/automation platform.

My question/feature request is: Will the sources for the front-ends compile on Mac OsX. I.e is there boot-images for Mac (and especially MacMini). Have you done any testing on this platform or is it intel only? What would be required to get this to work. We have already tested mythtv frontends on mac and that works pretty good.

Hope any1 can find the time to answer the question. Thanx in advance.

br from sweden
/Örjan

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Mac Mini: Feature request or dumb question?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 11:55:41 am »
We haven't done any testing or compiling on MacOS X and it doesn't look like we'll be supporting that platform directly anytime soon. We're working on making it stable the way it is for now on the current platform (i686/Linux). We don't have Apple hardware to develop on either.

But, any 3rd party could take the code and try to tinker with it on any platform and any feedback from the experience is highly appreciated. If it works, it can end up as a community supported part of Pluto.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
thank you for your quick reply
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 02:41:32 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply.

We will try to get pluto working on intel first and then try to figure out what needs to be done for mac in order to get it working. If we make a serious effort we will ofc supply all scripts/code/how-to's back to you guys.

br
Örjan