Author Topic: Advanced Usage: Media Scenario involving MythTV - Tune to Channel command  (Read 3521 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
I am trying to create a media scenario as a test for my alarm.

Previously, I had used LiveTV to create a scenario that did the following:

* Tune the Cable box (DCT6412) to channel 47 (Weather Channel)
* MH Media Play media type 11 (LiveTV)

This has worked well, but I wanted to try the same thing using MythTV's functionality...

So,

I created a new scenario basically:

* MH Media Play Device 24, for LiveTV. (Triggering the MythTV Player)
* Send command to MythTV Player to Tune to Channel 47

However, while the MH Media Play works correctly, the Tune to Channel command does not work at all... I have tried sending this command from the Devices menu, and nothing happens...very odd... However... I CAN send individual digits, and do ENTER/GO from the Devices menu, and the digits and enter register...

however, when i put these into the scenario, they do not work.. probably because it is taking too long for mythtv to start up.. UGGHHH..

Am I doing something wrong? or is this a bug?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 05:38:42 am by tschak909 »

lmwashere

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced Usage: Media Scenario involving MythTV - Tune to Channel command
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 10:21:48 pm »
Did you ever figure out what the issue with this was, I am having the same type of issue. I want to have an alarm that I can turn on or off for any day of the week. At 1600 if I have it on I want it to turn on my tv and amp, then activate mythtv and tune to channel 193 on my dish box.

What you can't see in the attached screenshot is that the day of the week button is selected.

When I test the tune to channel function with myth running, it works, but when I test the live tv function without myth running, nothing happens.  I have tried experimenting with a few different scenarios, and the first time I tested the live tv function, all of my av equipment was turned off. When I hit the test function, my amp/receiver turned on, myth started and turned on my dish box. It didn't turn on the tv, but I figured it may have been due to lost ir transmissions and tried to test it again. Nothing happened. The live tv function has never worked again no matter what scenario I have tried to set up.

When I started experimenting with this I was running 8.10a, but now I have upgraded to 8.10b via apt-get. There has been no change in the situation.

Dale_K

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 04:29:59 pm »
Possible workaround:

Two alarm scenarios one to start MythTV another a couple of minutes later to tune the channel?

lmwashere

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 06:21:31 pm »
Unfortunately, the live tv function does not work when it is the only action either.

May all be a mute point though, I am trying a fresh install. We'll see if that fixes it.

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 10:10:41 am »
Hi,

maybe not of much help but:
My general approach for automating certain tasks is to :
1. do things over manual commands (on Orbiter or in any other way) and sniff DCERouter's log to see what commands/evetns get sent
2. recreate this sequence with scenarios

This also sometimes doesn't work, but it's a good start...

Regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.