Author Topic: testing apt sources  (Read 4628 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
testing apt sources
« on: September 11, 2005, 12:43:15 am »
Hello
I downloaded a kick-start .iso (twice with same error)
set up as a hybrid.
instalation looks like ok util it loops indefnetly with comment "testing apt sources". whats wrong? how can i proceed the installation?
regs walle

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
testing apt sources
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 12:51:40 pm »

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
apt testing nomore....
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 02:29:31 pm »
thanx for the link.
i found another dhcp server that was not off  :oops:  in my net... unplugged that one and now its rollin....
 :? now next issue is... "" hostname in not ok... no hostname? from where are the intallation expecting a host name? is it the "core" host name or the dhcp hostname? do the system expect this from the dhcp?
however, with a nice continue the installation goes on...
regs Walle

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Packages.gz
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 08:53:13 pm »
I am having the same problem.  Finally got my hardware in for the Core and now I am having installation difficulties.  It seems like the new ISO is about half the size of the previous version.  Could be that some of the packages have been removed from the CD and placed into the repos.  I do not know the answer to that one.  I did notice that the Packages.gz file under the deb-cache directory is empty.  I also had problems earlier where only 89MB of the 322MB ISO downloaded.  Is it possible that the ISO has been truncated some how?

Brian

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
testing apt sources
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 09:54:53 pm »
Now new stop...
directly after entering admin password the boot stops with a blinking cursor at upper left corner... ( still some (little) net traffic but no disk activity...)
i really want to test this stuff. pls help...
i have not been asked for device code or activation code yet...
if there is problems with this build , where can i get a old build?
regs walle...

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
testing apt sources
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 02:15:23 am »
Hi Walle

On this thread
http://plutohome.com/support/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=294
Aaron notes where you can download the .28 iso.

I have installed this successfully this on my test machine that I have been getting the apt-get loop on with the .29 iso.

As Brian notes above the .28 is nearly twice the size of the .29 (636 Mb Vs 322 Mb). I do not know if the .29 iso is not complete or if it has been configured differently, maybe a PlutoHome staffer can comment?

R

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
testing apt sources
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 07:05:38 pm »
Sorry, sorry, sorry...  Something went wrong a few days ago with the server (ran out of space) and somehow the iso got truncated.  We uploaded a new .29 iso.