Author Topic: Not able to select HDMI?  (Read 2987 times)

j2

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Not able to select HDMI?
« on: October 30, 2007, 11:01:14 pm »
Hello!

My system is:
Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R
C2D 2.66
2GB DDR2/800
Gigabyte nVidia 7300Silent (HDMI and DVI connector)
LG 42LC46

Now, when i started the install (The quick install DVD, downloaded as of yesterdat), i had my  LCD TV connected to the HDMI-output on the vid-card. Installer ran fine, utnil i got to the AW Wizard. Now everything went black.

On a hunch, i connected the LCD to the DVI-port via the DVI-> VGA adapter supplied with the video card. And then i saw the wizard. and i could select 480p (but nothing else seemed to work).

Now, nothing i tried made me able to use the HDMI-port.

WHat may i have missed here?

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
Re: Not able to select HDMI?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 11:23:41 pm »
There are a bunch of posts similar I believe you have to select the proper connector via keyboard keys 1-5 if am not mistaken the wizard defaults to vga pressing 1, 2, 3 etc changes the connector, check other post for which number are for which connector.

hope this helps.

Tim
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

j2

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 07:57:27 am »
Yes, i saw those, but the difference is that i do get video, and can therefor use the UI to select another port. But no matter what i chose, it is only DVI->VGA that i can get to show any video. And only in default resolution.

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 11:06:41 pm »
The default driver doesn't support your video properly and the new driver from nVidia, that supports your chipset, crashes all the time. No good fix yet.