Author Topic: DHCP is inoperative!!  (Read 3410 times)

radmofo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
DHCP is inoperative!!
« on: October 29, 2007, 05:14:03 am »
OK so I have rounded up enough old equipment to test a LinuxMCE setup in my "lab"

Here's where I stand,

Install was easy and I plan to make this work no matter what it takes.

Other than a few MythTV burps and burbles all that I seem to be stumped with is the DHCP server.

On the initial install I selected NO for DHCP server, I have since added a NIC and used the Web Admin interface to enable it. I still have internet connectivity on ETH0 but after 7 restarts and umpteen core restarts still no DHCP. If I statically assign a PC connected to the switch I can use 10.10.1.1 to access the web admin page but just no DHCP.

I have set up the ETH1 to bootp and as I stated I have done ALOT of restarts with no luck.

Anyone have a pointer or two for me?

Kevin

mikesignguy

• View Profile
Re: DHCP is inoperative!!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 10:12:04 pm »
same here
t seems that if you disable it and try to enable it ... it never comes online again

flushie86

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 11:11:44 pm »
Hey guys had the same issue, but I got it to work, eventually. You have to make sure that both ip ranges are set! I only had the first range  set and I couldn't get it to work. As soon as I set the second range and did a router reboot everything magically worked! Hope this helps!

Hagen

• Guru
  • LMCE wannabe user
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 08:35:10 am »
Agree with Flushie
If you are going to configure things manually on LMCE then you have to follow trough and set the whole deal.
I have also gotten stuff working again as he says, so it is possible.