Author Topic: GC100 botched install  (Read 640 times)

cbynaker

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
GC100 botched install
« on: October 24, 2007, 09:06:14 pm »
I have been trying to get a GC100 installed on linuxmce.
I think it is well established that the script is broken. I used the "Add GC100" button which failed.
I used the MAC address hack which resulted in the GC100 being added but the IR ports did not appear to be added and when adding A/V device the IR ports box is not offered.

I also saw residue from the install where the secondary address was still active on the ifconfig and the  Device_DeviceData table had data in it that looked like what the gc100 config script was using. I hard coded my eth0 to 192.168.1.250 on initial install from CD.


Is there a way to remove all remnants of the gc100 install or a way to manually add anything missing or not configured during the incomplete installation of the gc100. I need the IR and then serial to plug in my Sharp DTV

Charles

Zaerc

  • Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • *
  • Posts: 2256
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: GC100 botched install
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 10:39:42 pm »
Simply remove it (and all it's child devices) from the devices tree in the web-admin.

Global Cache screwed up with the firmware, although they oficially prefer to blame changes in web-browsers for their incompetence.  ::)
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous