Author Topic: Where is Pluto Inc?  (Read 3616 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Where is Pluto Inc?
« on: October 24, 2007, 03:59:20 pm »
What has happened to them?

They seem to be a bit too quiet these days, is anyone keeping in touch with them at all? or are we essentially picking up the torch for all the development work?

Their web sites are in a state of bit rot, and I'm curious as to what the hell they're up to... Where is Monster's Einstein system? After that big splash at CEDIA 2006, it's been...nothing...poof....

wth?

-Thom

danielk

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Pluto Inc?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 07:32:26 pm »
From what I can tell they are basically an OEM now, they make software which others market under their own names. I talked with Aaron just last week and they are alive and well. If you look at the svn repo I created you will see hundreds of commits brought over from the Pluto source. By donating these pieces of code it lets vendors know that if they want something similar to LMCE, but maybe with more polish or a different PVR component, they can go to Pluto and have them whip something up for them and take care of all the licensing. But part of the job of the OEM is to stay behind the scenes and let someone else take all the credit in public.

I'm more concerned about where Paul is. :)