Author Topic: The ultimate system  (Read 2571 times)

slice16

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
The ultimate system
« on: October 23, 2007, 08:00:01 pm »
Hi all,

I am fairly new to LinuxMCE (well installed it for the first time last night, broke it tonight, and now rebuilding it :S). I am currently testing it on my main Desktop PC:

Pentium 4 2.8GHz
Asus System board (K8V-MX)
2GB RAM

I don't have a TV card in there yet, put DVDs and NAS media plays fine. I was wondering if there was a "certified" hardware spec out there. Maybe a list of the ultimate TV cards, system boards etc. This would make building the system much easier.

Thanks

Paul

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: The ultimate system
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 08:20:37 pm »
See: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Category:Hardware and it's subcategories.  Unfortunately just about nobody can be bothered to add the hardware they have experience with.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

RDAC

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 09:41:08 pm »
Might be interesting to add a hardware poll to the install, such as they do with the vanilla ubuntu installs.

Most folks tend to search the forum for supported hardware as well. If someone was intrepid enough, they could burn through the posts and add them to the wiki.

slice16

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 09:59:37 pm »
Thanks guys for the replys. I will have a look in that guide. It would be a nice idea for some kind of poll for people to answer once setup is complete. Would make life easier when building a system for it.

Thanks