Author Topic: New conference room, LMCE got FiireStation support?  (Read 9663 times)

KillerBunny86

• View Profile
New conference room, LMCE got FiireStation support?
« on: October 22, 2007, 05:08:35 pm »
Anyone know if FiireStation can run as an MD in LMCE? I'm currently looking for a media playback system for my companies new conference room. Any other pointers on suggested hardware such as automation systems etc would be greatly appreciated. We are from Sweden so any swedish/nordic retailers you know of would be of interest.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: New conference room, LMCE got FiireStation support?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 07:10:05 pm »
that's what it's made for.. as a media director, with a Fiire Engine system as the core.

-Thom

Hagen

• Guru
  • LMCE wannabe user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 09:34:20 pm »
Currently there are no retailers of the Fiire system (that I know of) in Europe, there may be one soon in the UK though.
Tjena  ;)

KillerBunny86

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 08:24:12 am »
Yeah, that's what I thought. I just wasn't sure if the hardware was compatible.

Would you recommend EIB or Z-Wave for lights and shutter control?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 08:40:14 am »
Z-Wave is currently the easiest to set up. It requires a specific interface (an ACT HomePro ZCU000 or ZCS000), and is found by the system once plugged in.

EIB support I believe is forthcoming... can someone back me up on this? perhaps you can check the wiki.

-Thom

KillerBunny86

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 09:12:13 am »
I checked the wiki and EIB seems doable.

Z-Wave seems like the best choice but there are currently no PC interfaces compatible with LinuxMCE since the last one went out of production and the USB-RS232 unit in the new devices isn't compatible with LMCE

KillerBunny86

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 09:25:42 am »
I also would like to know if anyone know of any good choice for amplifiers and TV/Proj with RS232 interface.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 02:01:35 pm »
Amplifier? Yamaha RX-V1000/V1500.... there are a few others which are plug and play.

TV? Sharp Acquos LC-Dxx6U/7U TV's are directly supported... as are Panasonic plasmas with RS-232.

-Thom

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 05:09:45 pm »
I also would like to know if anyone know of any good choice for amplifiers and TV/Proj with RS232 interface.
So would I, but unfortunately nobody that has experience with these seems to bother adding info about them to the wiki.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 05:15:18 pm »
I haven't added anything to the Wiki yet because I haven't had a chance to test with LMCE, but Denon has several receivers with RS-232 control.  Most of them end with a CI (for Custom Installation).  I've got a 2307CI, and the RS-232 control seems to be straightforward.  I think it would be a relatively easy integration into LMCE.  It's on my list.

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 07:33:50 pm »
So would I, but unfortunately nobody that has experience with these seems to bother adding info about them to the wiki.
Hi,

I did bothered and there is quite extensive Wiki page for Marantz SR5600...

Great device, easily supported...

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Marantz_SR_5600

BTW, I saw that page is proposed for deletion. There is an few days effort behind that page. Should now developers maintain our own Wiki repositories to avoid deletion of contributed but not yet polished work ?

But currently the main problem is that sqlcvs is not working, so my template for SR5600 can't get into main database and be available to all users... I hope this would be solved in the near future, cause all contributing process stalls at the moment....

HTH,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 12:30:10 am »
Hi,

I did bothered and there is quite extensive Wiki page for Marantz SR5600...

Great device, easily supported...

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Marantz_SR_5600

BTW, I saw that page is proposed for deletion. There is an few days effort behind that page. Should now developers maintain our own Wiki repositories to avoid deletion of contributed but not yet polished work ?

But currently the main problem is that sqlcvs is not working, so my template for SR5600 can't get into main database and be available to all users... I hope this would be solved in the near future, cause all contributing process stalls at the moment....

HTH,

Bulek.

Luckily there are a few exceptions such as yourself.  But if everybody could be bothered we'd probably have a huge library by now.

About the deletion, that's my fault I wanted to move it to http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Marantz_SR5600, but I couldn't so I just copied the information over.  It would be better to move the page so the history is kept and a redirect is left in place.

"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

KillerBunny86

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 11:46:11 am »
Unfortunatly the SR5600 has been discontinued and no one stocks it in Sweden.
But it should be possible to apply your guide to the newer models with maybe a few minor changes if there has been updates.
At least I'd hope so, I planned on getting the SR5002.

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 02:02:51 pm »
Unfortunatly the SR5600 has been discontinued and no one stocks it in Sweden.
But it should be possible to apply your guide to the newer models with maybe a few minor changes if there has been updates.
At least I'd hope so, I planned on getting the SR5002.
I remember that at that time, also all higher models (7600, ...) had same protocol. So I guess it's still included in devices. Although I found several documents about Marantz protocol (few of them even being binary), but published protocol worked for me. If Marantz didn't change anything major in it's policy, then I guess this is pretty safe buy. But being cautios, try to make an testing arrangement, so you can try protocol...

Regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.